Maven B.2 8x42 and B.2 10X42 differences?

Bogle

FNG
I am looking at purchasing a pair of the aove binoculars when they are back in stock, for hunting whitetails in the South East. Outside of the $50.00 difference, why would I not buy the 10x42's over the 8X42's? The size and weight seem to be identical according to the website. Thanks in advance for the help!

If you're doing a lot of hand holding the 8x will be some degree steadier than the 10x. That's the only real reason I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

RWA13

FNG
Assuming you are talking about the B1.2's, I just went through this same debate. The 8X is going to give you a wider Field of View, as well as higher Brightness and longer Eye Relief. If you search for 8X42 vs. 10X42 there are alot of threads on Rokslide debating the topic. I ultimately decided that for mostly hunting the southeast with an occasional trip out west the 8's were a better option.

I think alot of it comes down to personal preference though.

If you are considering both also look through the B2 9x45.

I found them (at least for my eyes) to be far superior to the original B1. Mag felt the same as the 10x, field of view felt the same as the 8x and felt brighter than both. Definitely a little larger and heavier though.

have not looked through the new version of the b1, the 1.2 as you referenced so not sure on those

craigrh13

FNG
I just bought a pair of the 8x42 B1.2’s a couple days ago. Can’t wait until they come in. I absolutely loved my 8x30 B3’s. So if they are anywhere remotely like them I’ll be very happy.

I prefer 8x over 10x

CJF

WKR
Sounds like you need to just need to do their demo program and see which you prefer.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I have the B3 8x30s and B2 9x45s. Where I am in WI I’ll just mainly end up using my B3s. My B2s are up for sale on here. Great glass, but not a whole lot of practical use for me.

If you are mostly in thick stuff I’d look at the B3s first…otherwise I think the B1.2 8x42 would be the way I would lean personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bogle

FNG
Assuming you are talking about the B1.2's, I just went through this same debate. The 8X is going to give you a wider Field of View, as well as higher Brightness and longer Eye Relief. If you search for 8X42 vs. 10X42 there are alot of threads on Rokslide debating the topic. I ultimately decided that for mostly hunting the southeast with an occasional trip out west the 8's were a better option.

I think alot of it comes down to personal preference though.
Thanks, thats very good info. Historically, I havent used them at all, outside of glassing fields early season, so this helps me.

OP
B

Bogle

FNG
I have the B3 8x30s and B2 9x45s. Where I am in WI I’ll just mainly end up using my B3s. My B2s are up for sale on here. Great glass, but not a whole lot of practical use for me.

If you are mostly in thick stuff I’d look at the B3s first…otherwise I think the B1.2 8x42 would be the way I would lean personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, good info as well. Yea, I hunt Central FL and S.W. GA so its pretty thhick.

Buelrdr29

FNG
If going with the same bino but 8x vs 10x the 8x will typically be brighter, larger exit pupil which will help in low light, and wider field of view. I would say for distances within 100 yards I would go 8x assuming use in thick woods. Past 100 yards and a bit more open I would choose the 10x.

I have the B2 11x45s, they are great low light and for seeing lines on archery targets. But much bigger on the chest and smaller field of view.

For comparing B3 or B1.2 they are both optically great looking for the price. B3 will be larger field of view. B1.2 is better low light. Mid day they will not lool much different.

I have 10x42 B1.2 ordered for my wife with custom shop options. We have C1 8x42, B3 8x30, B2 11x45, and B5 18x56, CS1 spotter. Lots of Maven in the family. Lol and brother in law has the c series 10x28 and range finder. I honestly could be happy with any of them for archery hunting. Scouting and rifle hunting where ranges extend I go for the 11s on chest and 18s on tripod.