Maven B.5 18X56

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan,

How noticeable is that 3.1 exit pupil in low light as compared to your 12x ?

I was concerned about the low light performace. No they are not as bright as the 12x. But they are bright enough to glass down the last few minuts of usable glassing light.

Thomas11

WKR
I guess my question is, I’ve always read these doublers were useless as they drastically distorted the image. But are these any better? If so to me, this would b a real game changer. The only reason I would want it is to size up the rack so if it worked fir that then I feel it would be very useful

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The doubler would never replace a spotter. Not something I would reley on for sheep hunting. But for most elk and deer hunts they are enougt to tell me if the animal is worth going after.

Thomas11

WKR
The doubler would never replace a spotter. Not something I would reley on for sheep hunting. But for most elk and deer hunts they are enougt to tell me if the animal is worth going after.
I think that’s good enough. I’m not a sheep hunter

WKR
I think the eye cup on the B5's is the same as the eye cup on the B2's, so the doubler should work fine.

With the Maven Doubler, the FOV is pretty tiny, but the image is clear. I haven't tried the doubler in low light, but I'm guessing that it wouldn't work too well. Physics is physics.

I agree with Ryan, in my limited experience, the Doubler wouldn't replace a spotter, but it is a really nice bonus for those times when you don't have the spotter but would like a quick glance at something you've already found, at a higher magnification.

Toyotaguy

FNG
Can you take a picture of these next to the 15x56 Swarovskis for a size comparison.
I’m wanting to use either these or the Swarovskis to replace my 10x Leupolds, I already glass off of a tripod so im not concerned about shakiness of the higher power binos, just their carryability, id like to run them in a chest harness but I’m a little concerned about the mavens because they are even bigger than the swaros, which are pretty big already. I hunt almost exclusively open country in the west for deer and elk.
Thanks

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the video! Well done as usual. Have the Mavens in my cart...

Awesome. Let us know what you think. I had mine in some deer country last night, and although I didn’t see any bucks, I sure like the Bino‘s
a367dbb0cd72b102a82776509435ce5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
Robby; Do you have the 15's or 18's. Trying to decide between the two. I carry the 9x B2's so I'm thinking 15. Thoughts?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby; Do you have the 15's or 18's. Trying to decide between the two. I carry the 9x B2's so I'm thinking 15. Thoughts?

I like the 15 X, but my neck bino is an 8 X.Ryan likes the 18 X. Take your pick. They both work great
Once you make your decision let us know. You really can’t go wrong with either one. The lower power is going to give you a little bit better field of view which I like, the higher power will stretch you out just a little bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nice, planning to order the 18x56 here shortly, just trying to decide when the best 2 week window fits my schedule with travel. Going to side/side compare those against the 15x56 SLC and decide which one fits my needs/eyes/etc. best.