Maven B.5 18X56

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Bummer. I ordered them right away. I'm getting a good view of Jupiter and a couple of its moons just to the right of our moon tonight. Sweet binoculars for sure. I have some Cabela's meopta pro hd 15x56, 10x50 Swarovski el, and just picked up some 7x42 Swarovski SLC. Can't really say a bad thing about any of them other than they all weight too much. And the meopta pro definitely hold their own. The wife doesn't understand it at all. But I spend a lot of time camping and hunting in Wyoming, rifle hunting other states, hunting with recurves and birding. So they all come in very useful. If any has any questions I'd be glad to give my opinion.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bummer. Well guess I'll "settle" for the 15x56 slc in the meantime. ;) I'd still like to run then head to head for the trial period whenever they're back in stock. Interested in that 18x view...

Blue72

WKR
Bummer. I ordered them right away. I'm getting a good view of Jupiter and a couple of its moons just to the right of our moon tonight. Sweet binoculars for sure. I have some Cabela's meopta pro hd 15x56, 10x50 Swarovski el, and just picked up some 7x42 Swarovski SLC. Can't really say a bad thing about any of them other than they all weight too much. And the meopta pro definitely hold their own. The wife doesn't understand it at all. But I spend a lot of time camping and hunting in Wyoming, rifle hunting other states, hunting with recurves and birding. So they all come in very useful. If any has any questions I'd be glad to give my opinion.

Saturn was just left to Jupiter. At 18x mounted you should probably just make out it’s rings. Let us know!

Are the 18s too big for a chest harness? Might pick these up to replace my little kowa spotter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Robber

FNG
Are the 18s too big for a chest harness? Might pick these up to replace my little kowa spotter.

I was curious to know the same thing. Mine should arrive in a couple days, so I will have to see if they fit my chest harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
How do They compare to the Swarovski 15x56? In your opinion.

The B.5s are almost as bright in low light with 3x more magnification, which is saying something. The resolution is very close. The SLC wins on the edge to edge clarity. The reason I love Swaro is the same reason I love Maven. To my eyes, they both have a warm tone that makes animals pop.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have several bino harnesses and the only one it fits is the AGC Denali Rok7. It fits about perfect.

6eea22126bd24f7e38ebd0c6b46098a9.jpg

6c02c250e8a21d1da86658f749923107.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not being snotty: Why would you want to carry 18x binos in a chest harness? You aren't going to freehand them seems easier to have in the back with the tripod?
I was just curious. After I posted that I actually took the time to think it through. They will stay in my pack until I sit and glass.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Saturn was just left to Jupiter. At 18x mounted you should probably just make out it’s rings. Let us know!
Yes the 18's pick up Saturn. You can just tell there is a ring around it. Pretty mind blowing really, at least for a simple guy like me. Definitely rather be glassing for ungulates tho.

snopro176

WKR
Sound like I got my 18s just in time. I got to spend some good twilight time behind them this evening and so far they're fantastic, I don't believe I'll miss the spotter any time soon. I was surprised at the edge to edge clarity over my 8x42 b1's, is that a major benefit of the new prism?
59cef3c518a84ef436fdf9234c8bf600.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sound like I got my 18s just in time. I got to spend some good twilight time behind them this evening and so far they're fantastic, I don't believe I'll miss the spotter any time soon. I was surprised at the edge to edge clarity over my 8x42 b1's, is that a major benefit of the new prism?
59cef3c518a84ef436fdf9234c8bf600.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The flourite lens is a game changer.