Maven B.6 12x50 vs Vortex Razor HD, and UHD 12x50 ***Updated 1/23/22***

I have the Maven B6 10x50 and the optics are absolutely stunning. They punch way above their weight for a $1k glass. Super bright, crisp, very detailed image with a huge sweet-spot. I‘m not a cheerleader but this glass impresses me.

Another factor is the physical form. Maven engineered a 50mm binocular into the general size-weight range of a 42mm. Compact, easy-handling design, combined with high build quality and superb optics is a winning combination. Well done Maven.

Looking forward to this. Planning to buy a set of B-series this coming year before an aoudad hunt next fall. Bouncing between these and the B.2.

Last edited:

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Curious how easy these are to hand hold. Would these work as a "do it all" bino or are they primarily relegated to tripod work?
I don't have an issue using any of the various 12x50 binos briefly handheld. I can steady them about like 10x binos it seems. I usually brace against my bow or shooting sticks, though. If you're one to still hunt and be continuously be looking through the binos not on a tripod you definitely don't want heavy 12x50s. I carry my 12s on my chest but I always am carrying the tripod and if I get on a stalk I'll leave them behind on the tripod, most likely. That's the niche they fill, IMO. You CAN carry them and handhold them but they're most useful on the tripod so they're really kind of best for a solo spot and stalk type scenario where you don't want to carry multiple optics.

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curious how easy these are to hand hold. Would these work as a "do it all" bino or are they primarily relegated to tripod work?
I’d say more than capable for a do it all. Been using 12x50’s for the last 5 years and prefer them over my 10x42’s.