Maven B series vs razor vs leupold Binos

Coleman51

FNG
Looking at upgrading from my maven c2 binos and am currently looking at the maven b series, vortex razor or leupolds comparable binos. What are the recommendations? 10x 50 is what I have I’d like to stay close to that

mlgc20

WKR
I have the Leupold BX-5s in 10x50. Definitely better than the Razor IMO. And it’s not really close. I think the Mavens and the BX-5s are pretty close. I strongly prefer the ergonomics of the Leupolds over the Mavens. Obviously, ergonomics are subjective though. Also, not a fan of the weird configurations of the Mavens (9x45, 11x45, etc). I enjoy my Maven spotting scope. And I don’t think you can go wrong with Maven. But, still prefer the Leupolds from a bino perspective.

2blade

WKR
I've compared the Razors to a Bx-4. The Bx-4 controls chromatic aberration a lot better, on par with Swaro Slc's. The Razor also has like a greyish hue that I did not like, Bx-4's looked brighter. The Razor beats the BX-4 in field of view, 362 ft verses 326 ft for 10x. I haven't looked thru Mavens.

I got a pair of Maven B5's last summer in 12x56, and used them extensively during last fall hunting season in all weather conditions. A+ from me. The easily adjust and articulate in the cold, glass quality is superb, and the fluorite glass really makes mule deer hides pop at long distances. My dad got a pair of C3's in 12x50, and for the money they are great. Using them side by side, however, the difference in glass quality was most noticeable when trying to evaluate bucks from a distance, the clarity and sharpness in the B5's was noticeably better than his, in assessing antlers. The brightness and colors are better as well, but it comes with a price. If you're on the fence, I recommend calling Maven and talking to them about any specific questions. When I was locking in my decision to get the B5's, they were extremely knowledgeable about their products and did a great job explaining what sets their glass apart from the competition in easy-to-understand terminology.

I've only compared my B5's to Vortex Razors, but in full disclosure I do not know what generation the Razor's were. The B5's were brighter and sharper. Maybe the newest generation of Razors will be comparable, but the difference was significant when me and the owner of the Razors were watching a small group of deer mid-day at about 1100 yards.

Maven also lets you try out the binocs through their demo program, if you really wanted to feel solid on your purchase.

Good luck!

Hoodie

WKR
There aren't going to be crazy dramatic differences, but any model in the Maven B series is noticeably better than the Razor HD in my opinion.

I had my hands on a Leopold BX-4 at one point and thought they were good at that price range, but not amazing. I've heard the BX-5 is only a little better.

I'd go Maven. I had the 12x50 B6 and the 11x45 B2 at one point. The B6 was better in my opinion. It's noticeably lighter and handier and the 11x B2 has less depth of focus than it should at that magnification. The 10x50 B6 is probably a sweet binocular. The 9x45 B2 is also badass and doesn't have the focus depth issues the 11x does.