Maven - B1.2 or B2….for my hunting uses?

Looking to up my binos and need some further input and thoughts.

Little background: I am from Indiana and these will be used a ton hunting whitetail in the woods and some open fields. Also used for turkey, coyotes, shed hunting, etc. I am trying to make it out west every other year for Elk and hope to start making it annually. I have the Vortex Diamondback 8x42’s now and have had them for around 5-6 years.

I am not real concerned about weight savings. I will be running them in my Marsupial Gear bino harness.

If I go with the B2 it will probably be the 9x and if it’s the 1.2 it will be 10x. I do want a tad more than the 8x I currently have now….I believe. Been doing a ton of reading on them and just need some more input or even thoughts on B6. Thanks!

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I ran a B2 9x for a long time, almost 5 years. Went to the new 10x B1.2 this year and have been pretty happy. I think they a more a bit worse at controlling CA in super critical lighting that pushes the glass, but I’ll take that all day for the smaller footprint and weight.

I have the B2 9x and really like them. Used them elk hunting the last 2 years in CO. They are big and a bit heavy, not real bad. I use a front pouch. I've been looking at the B1.2s as a smaller alternative.

Anyone compare the B1.2s to the Zeiss Conquest?

My first good set of binos were the B2s, I also had diamondbacks before that. I have no experience with the 1.2s but the 9x B2s are awesome glass. Used they go for around $800ish and are an incredible value at that price point. They’re a little big and bulky but I think the glass is worth it. I’ve since moved on to Zeiss SFs but the mavens are no slouch.

Hoodie

WKR
I love the Maven B series. I've spent at least a little time with the B2 9x and 11x, the 10x and 12x B6, and the 8x42 B1.2

I ended up sticking with the B6 10x50. I really like the 8x42 B1.2 as well. I would take either over the B2. The B2 is a great binocular but the additional weight isn't worth carrying in my opinion. The B6 is 3 ounces lighter but handles much better.

OP
H
I love the Maven B series. I've spent at least a little time with the B2 9x and 11x, the 10x and 12x B6, and the 8x42 B1.2

I ended up sticking with the B6 10x50. I really like the 8x42 B1.2 as well. I would take either over the B2. The B2 is a great binocular but the additional weight isn't worth carrying in my opinion. The B6 is 3 ounces lighter but handles much better.
Thanks for this and all other replies so far.

@Hoodie - do you think the B6 10x50 will be too much mag for woods hunting in Indiana? After more research it’s now down to B6 10’s or B1.2 8’s.

Hoodie

WKR
I hunt some fairly thick spots in the PNW with 10x binoculars, but these areas are intermixed with more open stuff where I'll use a tripod. If you're primarily in a tree stand I don't think the 10x will be a big handicap. If I was doing a lot of still hunting where one handed glassing was happening a lot, I'd lean toward the 8x.

You could always use the demo program to try the 10x, then if you find out it's a bit much you can swap them out for the 8x42.