Maven B1 or Razor HD

Sharpsman

FNG
Would like to hear from people who have used both,and yes I know I should just get Swarovski’s but that won’t happen so $1000 glass is what it’s going to be Thanks

I’d go with used Swaros, but if you are stuck to those two go with the Mavens. The Vortex ones will break. It’s just a matter of time.

mlgc20

WKR
Honestly, IMO this is an easy choice. Mavens. There is other glass I would also look at in this price range. But, between those two, the Mavens are the winner.

I can’t speak for him but I’m in the same boat looking for binos in the 1k range. Zeiss conquest hd, Leica trinovid hd, and Nikon monarch hg should be on your list. Vortex razors would be at the bottom of the list for me.

mlgc20

WKR
I would also consider:
Leica Trinovid
Zeiss Conquest
Leupold BX-5

I like the Mavens. But personally, I would prefer any of the 3 above. When I went through the same exercise, it came down to the Trinivids and the BX-5. I ended up with the BX-5 in largely a toss up. I would probably have been happy with any of them. Lots of excellent choices in this price range.

Matt G.

WKR
A big negative to the Leica was the lack of mounting screw for the tripod...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
A big negative to the Leica was the lack of mounting screw for the tripod...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
That’s a good point. For me, my 10s will rarely see a tripod. I will generally leave that to my 15s. And there are other ways to secure them to a tripod. Having said that, my 15s and my 10s both have Outdoorsman studs. So, I ultimately agreed with you.

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Zeiss conquests. I thought there ergonomics were the best. Glass was pretty much a tie with conquests, trinovids and meostars.

JNDEER

WKR
I cannot speak for mavens, as they were not around or too new back when I went through my search. Lots of different eyes will gravitate towards different binoculars, keep that in mind when reading others opinions on optics.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Did a review 6 months ago on similar spec’d binos. Did not include the B1 but did have B2s. I pasted below in case your interested.

Concur with the Nikon HG push. I liked the razors too but because they met my desired preferences.

Meopta meostars are hard to beat, haven’t looked through mavens but they are better than razors in my opinion

I would suggest the Maven B2 if you're not opposed to a slightly heavier pair. You can get these used for a very good price for the quality. The B2 uses a different type of prism than the B1, which is superior in clarity and light transmission but is just a bit heavier.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
If you can find a lightly used or like new pair of Maven B2's in the classifieds that is probably one of the best value's in the binocular world today.