Maven B2 11x45 or Vortez Razor UHD 12x50

Not necessarily only those 2, but those two come to mind and looking to be under $1500. I can get a discount on vortex bringing the razor UHD down to under $1500..

Looking for a 12xish set of binos to upgrade what I have now. These will be my normal use binos that will sit in my chest rig.

Thoughts between those 2?

Don't know how the UHD's are different from the standard Razor HD but I've ran a set of Japanese made Razor HD 12x50's for 6+ years before switching last season to the 9x45 B2's. Not even a question of what's better, the B2's blow the razors out of the water.

Mike

Tahoe1305

WKR
I had a pair of B2s last week (9x45) demos and have a pair of UHD 12x50s.
I did a comparison on a few different models (albeit 10x s) including the Razor HD.

IMO the UHD is better than the HD. Also IMO the UHD was better than the Mavens (again 9x vs 11x). I agree that the Mavens were better than the Razor HD. I speculate some haven’t had a chance to look through UHDs outside for longer periods of time. The first thing that makes them different is the prism system. The B2s and UHDs have the same. The razor HD is different.

I bet once the UHDs start ending up in more people hands they will notice the difference. Will the take up market share from Swaro....no, but they are a good 12x solution with premium glass.

PM me if you have any other questions.