Maven B2 9X45 vs. Swarovski EL 10X50

Let me start this out by saying I know that the Swarovski’s are much nicer glass. I already own the Mavens in 9x45 and I like them a lot, although I don’t have much experience behind glass. I will be using these in a harness but will also have a tripod. I mainly hunt in California but will do western backcountry hunts often in ID, CO, etc. I think that Swaro 10x50’s will be okay hand holding but obviously better on the tripod. What are your thoughts between the two? If I were to get the Swaro’s I’d let go of the Mavens to a buddy who is interested. Thanks guys

WRO

WKR
They'll be great hand held, I highly doubt you'll even notice the difference in stability etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

cbeard64

WKR
I would definitely upgrade to Swarovski if you can swing it. You will not regret it.

Is low light performance critical to your hunting style? Do you really need the 50mm objective? Why not go with the 42mm objective and save the weight and bulk - especially with a 10 power?

Just some random thoughts.

OP
J
I would definitely upgrade to Swarovski if you can swing it. You will not regret it.

Is low light performance critical to your hunting style? Do you really need the 50mm objective? Why not go with the 42mm objective and save the weight and bulk - especially with a 10 power?

Just some random thoughts.
Not necessarily critical but relatively important. For the small difference in size I don’t mind. These will be my only glass for the time until I eventually get a spotting scope so I thought the bigger the better while still being able to hand hold them.

Let me start this out by saying I know that the Swarovski’s are much nicer glass. I already own the Mavens in 9x45 and I like them a lot, although I don’t have much experience behind glass. I will be using these in a harness but will also have a tripod. I mainly hunt in California but will do western backcountry hunts often in ID, CO, etc. I think that Swaro 10x50’s will be okay hand holding but obviously better on the tripod. What are your thoughts between the two? If I were to get the Swaro’s I’d let go of the Mavens to a buddy who is interested. Thanks guys
since you are even entertaining the thought, just do it. you will have the opposite of regret.... whatever the word is for that, that's what you'll have with some 10x50 swaros ;)

I seriously doubt the swaro will “find” you more game. IMO both great optics swaro may be nicer but it’s not going to be a game changer by any means. Maven is great glass and swaro is a small amount better for a large amount of money.

eltaco

WKR
I’m preparing to put a set of EL 10x50 on the market. Shameless plug but feel free to reach out if you’re interested.

I actually come to this set from a pair of Maven 11x45. It’s not even worth the time to bash the Mavens here, but these are not even comparable binos IMO. You won’t be dissatisfied with the Swaros.

EL 10x50 are absolutely the best there is for low light performance as compared to anybody else’s 10x42. JMO, of course, but I preferred them to Leica, Zeiss, and smaller Swaro and the difference was notable. I was already packed up and heading home with Vortex Razors and Mavens well before I couldn’t pick out game with the EL 10x50

OP
J
I’m preparing to put a set of EL 10x50 on the market. Shameless plug but feel free to reach out if you’re interested.

I actually come to this set from a pair of Maven 11x45. It’s not even worth the time to bash the Mavens here, but these are not even comparable binos IMO. You won’t be dissatisfied with the Swaros.

EL 10x50 are absolutely the best there is for low light performance as compared to anybody else’s 10x42. JMO, of course, but I preferred them to Leica, Zeiss, and smaller Swaro and the difference was notable. I was already packed up and heading home with Vortex Razors and Mavens well before I couldn’t pick out game with the EL 10x50
Thanks for the info. Yea I may be interested but I’m still new to posting on here so it’s saying I don’t have access to send messages or reply to classifieds ads.

OP
J
Thanks for the info. Yea I may be interested but I’m still new to posting on here so it’s saying I don’t have access to send messages or reply to classifieds ads.
Do you happen to have the outdoorsmans stud installed on yours?

Gonz406

Lil-Rokslider
I'm on the market for a new glass. I'll be selling 3 vortex optics and am deciding between maven or Swarovski or anything in between. Any suggestions, probably gonna have a 1800 budget

I had a chance to briefly put my 9x B2s next to some 8.5x42 ELs. Swaros were nicer but to me not significant enough to justify 2x the cost. Very pleased with the mavens, although they are bulky and heavy.