Maven B2 Demo (9 vs 11) - My Findings

I’ve done a lot of reading up on the Maven B2 and naturally it came down to whether I choose the 9 or 11 power. I called up Maven and they recommended doing the demo program for both. My test was glassing 1.5miles away into a shaded and sunny hillside while seated. I’ll preface this by saying I’m no glass expert. I couldn’t tell you how these compare to Swaro’s or any alpha glass as I’ve hunted with Vortex Viper’s the last three years.. Take these concluding thoughts for what they are, just an opinion cast into a sea of opinions!

The biggest thing I noticed was that the 9’s were much brighter, like actually noticeably brighter to my eye. To the point where I was surprised. Maven told me that I’d find the 9’s brighter, but with my lack of glass experience, I didn’t know if I really believed it. They certainly turned out to be. I hadn’t read that anywhere from my previous searches, so relaying now.

Lots of people comment about whether hand holding 11’s would be arduous and impossible. I read into that thought from multiple sources and thought I’d find the same results. After trying them out, I didn’t find hand holding to be an issue for either. I didn’t notice a huge difference between the two, although I’m sure there is on some level. Just not enough for me to tell.

I did notice the difference in FOV, but again, I didn’t feel like it moved the needle for me dramatically.

When I talked to Maven, they mentioned the 11’s outsell the 9’s, but that the 9’s are used by pretty much everyone in their office. More than the 11's. This certainly tells me something. When I asked about what a better bino/spotter combo would be, they recommended the 9’s.

My point with writing this is, instead of reading countless threads and assuming other people’s experiences to be your own (I'm guilty as charged), do the demo program! I’m thankful I did.

I still have these binos BTW - shoot me a note if you want me to test for something.

Ross

Quon24

FNG
Great write up! I have the 9's and totally agree with your point on the brightness. They are the brightest pair of binoculars I've looked through, which even includes a few different "alpha" models. It makes a big difference when glassing during low light situations. I think the quality of glass Maven offers for the price is pretty outstanding.

Did you notice the depth of field of the 9's is way better than the 11's? Try looking at things at varying distances and notice how much more you'll be into the wheel on the 11's.

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the 9's for a couple years now and I agree that they are amazing glass and the brightness is something everyone who uses them comments on as well.

slamdmini

FNG
i really appreciate this. i was going to demo the 10s and 11s, looks like i may need to demo the 9s as well