Maven B2 or B6

socalmrr

FNG
Thinking of buying Maven B2 9X45, I bought the C1 10X50 wish I saved the money for the B2, Will have to look at the B6

PSplay

FNG
Check the classifieds; there is a B2 11x45 for $875 by BigMuleyHunter.

Comparing the specs of the B2 9x45 vs. the B6 10x50 the question comes down to whether you value weight or FOV?

Using your C1 10x50 as baseline @ 1000 yards...

B2 9x45 has 377 ft. vs. 314 ft. (+63)
B6 10x50 has 341 ft. vs. 314 ft. (+27)

Both are heavier than the C1 10x50 @ 24.5 oz.
B2 9x45 is 33.25 oz. (+36%)
B6 10x50 is 30.69 oz (+25%)

Check my math with the Maven binocular datasheet

Last edited:
OP
S

socalmrr

FNG
thanks for the reply and the great info, I have the Alaska Guide Creations for a caring case. I was thinking better glass would help in early morning and late evening. don't think I can hold
11x & 12x without tripod, having hard time hold 10x

thanks for the reply and the great info, I have the Alaska Guide Creations for a caring case. I was thinking better glass would help in early morning and late evening. don't think I can hold
11x & 12x without tripod, having hard time hold 10x
I had the 9x for several years, fantastic glass.

sndmn11

WKR
I like the 9x significantly better than the 11x B2 because there is a drastic difference in the depth of focus between the two. I thought I was constantly adjusting the 11x.

OP
S

socalmrr

FNG
I was thinking 11x at first or 12x, I have the older Brunton 7.5x42 and now 10x50 Maven
9X45 will work for me

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
Right now, I can't give you a definite stance on my part. It is so smoky here you really can't see well enough for proper evaluation. I have both the 9x45 B2 and the 10x50 B6.

Right now my choice is the 9x45 B2. Above somebody listed the 9x fov at 377'. It actually measures 405'. The fov is poke you in the eye obviously wider with the 9x B2 compared with the 10x B6. What I have been able to do with resolution tells me I can't find a real difference in detail resolution between the two. I'll have an 11`x B2 in hand in a day or two, so I can add some more comments.

The B6 is a heck of a glass, but as of now it has not separated itself from the 9x45 B2.

OP
S

socalmrr

FNG
thanks Steve for the info, I read your stuff on the bird forum long time ago about the Maven
that's why I'm looking at buying a pair.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I have the B2 9x45s. Basically brand new…haven’t seen a hunting season. I really like them, but at this point I’m mainly only going to be using my B3 8x30s for whitetail hunting. I’d sell them for $950. I can send you pics with my username and the date if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

socalmrr

FNG
Hi Texan, I'm looking for a really good deal on a pair. I just bought the Maven C3 and
don't have the money yet. if I get a good deal have to sale the C3 then thanks

OP
S

socalmrr

FNG
I'm going to sale my Brunton Epoch spotting scope first , it's like new I bought it
new long time ago, I don't have the money right now to buy, will get picture up soon.

huffed69

FNG
Right now, I can't give you a definite stance on my part. It is so smoky here you really can't see well enough for proper evaluation. I have both the 9x45 B2 and the 10x50 B6.

Right now my choice is the 9x45 B2. Above somebody listed the 9x fov at 377'. It actually measures 405'. The fov is poke you in the eye obviously wider with the 9x B2 compared with the 10x B6. What I have been able to do with resolution tells me I can't find a real difference in detail resolution between the two. I'll have an 11`x B2 in hand in a day or two, so I can add some more comments.

The B6 is a heck of a glass, but as of now it has not separated itself from the 9x45 B2.
I haven't tried the b6, but tried th 9s and 11s in the demo and much preferred the 9s. At far distances I saw more detail with the 9s.

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
When I first had the B6 this place was so smoky visibility was very often less than a quarter of a mile and often not more than a couple. Made for pretty terrible binocular comparisons. I was even beginning to think that there might be something wrong with the B2. However it then rained. Comparisons changed quickly. Right now, if I was in the market for something like the B2 or the B6, I would be hard pressed to pick one. The real restrictive thing about the B6 is a low IPD of 58 mm. This will be way to narrow for a lot of users. Since I have the B2 9x, I'll stay with it. The real draw for the 9x is the wide afov. I think there will be no real regrets with either a B2 or a B6. I have to say I greatly prefer the feel in hand of the B2 over the b6. The latter can feel a bit chubby at times.

I have said before I think the 9x B2 is the sweet spot of that particular series. I also do not see the shallow depth of field that some have complained about with the 11x. There is naturally a shallower field as magnification increases, but depth of field can appear to increase in some instances if the users eyes natural curvature closely match the curvature of the binocular, or vice versa. That might be what is going on with the shallow B2 11x comments, but I can't say for sure. A slight collimation error might also be in play, but that's a guess.

OP
S

socalmrr

FNG
Hi Steve,
Maybe I should start a new topic but I'm going to ask about the older Brunton Epoch to the
Maven line how much of the differences is there between them. please compare them
thanks