Maven B2

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
About to pull the trigger on a pair of 11x Maven B2’s. Any one have a bad experience? Other option would probably be Vortex UHDs.

I just can’t justify swaro’s for the hunting I do. Mostly archery.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Not an optics expert, but he does a good job breaking down the facts.

Also, if you go Maven get the B2 Bundle. Great value! I have the B2 9x45s and I think they are a great value.

I haven’t looked through a lot of upper tier glass and I’m a total Maven fanboy, so take my words for what they’re worth, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sektr

FNG
I went B1 for size and weight advantages, used to have B3 as well. Never disliked a Maven optic.

68Plexi

WKR
Demoed B1 8x42’s and B2 9x45’s and kept the B1’s. Love em. Everyone’s eyes are a little different so getting them in your hands is nice. You’re only out shipping if you choose to demo and send them back.

Foster_65

FNG
Had both b1 10x and b2 9x Kept the b1. Wasn’t enough difference to my eyes other than about 7 minutes at dusk at best. Wasn’t enough to justify size,weight and price. Fwiw.
Also mention I had them both side by side on tripods. And I am far from an optics expert.

Sled

WKR
About to pull the trigger on a pair of 11x Maven B2’s. Any one have a bad experience? Other option would probably be Vortex UHDs.

For archery I really love my b3 8x30. For rifle I prefer a 10x but have no experience with the b1. I have looked through the b2 9x a bit but couldn't justify the size and weight. They are nice though. To my eyes the 9x appeared larger magnification than the 10x slc and vortex I compared to.

Nethero

WKR

B2’s are nice binoculars, but as others have pointed out to you, they are quite heavy and bulky. As are the Vortex UHD’s. I had both 9x and 11x B2 binos briefly. Like you I mostly archery hunt. I ended up selling both because of size and weight. For what it’s worth, I also had the 8x and 10x B1. Again, great optics, but still heavy. Sold both as well.

If you use a harness, or better yet, an enclosed harness the weight and size might be easily negated however. But if you are set on the AK prism type found in both the B2 and UHD, the UHD 8x or B2 9x might be best for ease of handling, FOV, and more low light capability. It should be stressed though that 11x while archery hunting will be overkill and darn near impossible to hold steady, especially with one hand if need be.

Personally I appreciate an open bridge designed bino while archery hunting. This allows me to grab another look with by binos with my free hand while holding my bow with the other.

Food for thought, good luck!

Last edited:
OP
Scooter90254

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Well. Glad I asked. Now I’m looking at the B1’s.

Maybe the B1’s are actually what I’m looking for.

I have a pair of 10x 50 LPs that do the trick on a tripod but suck to carry and hold still.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I’d demo a couple sets if I were you. I also own the B3 8x30s and they are a pretty fantastic set. Depending on where you are hunting and how much of your hunting is archery vs rifle I would consider them as well. They are probably what I will use mostly when archery saddle hunting in WI.

HalfmanB

FNG
As far as b2 vs uhd I have no input on vortex side. But I do own the b2 9x45. I actually slightly preferred them vs the 11x. Just food for thought depending on where you live/hunt.

68Plexi

WKR
I demoed the B2 9x45’s and B1 8x42’s and I kept the B1’s. They are both heavy, compared to my Leupold BX-4’s, but the B1’s are 1” shorter than the B2’s and I liked the FOV of the B1’s better. Glass is excellent on both. Everyone’s eyes are different, but for me the B1’s were keepers.

Wassid82

WKR
I liked my B2 so much that I bought a pair of C's just for back up. Get glass for the money

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
Sig zulu9 have been going on sale a lot of places lately. Midway had them around 500 about a month ago and I regularly see them on Amazon around 700. They are the exact same binoculars as the mavens if you have time to wait for a deal

Firehawk

WKR
I have the B2 9x45 and actually sold a Leica Duovid in favor of the Maven. It is terrific for me. Size of the bino has never bothered me while hunting. On paper it seems bulky and heavy, but in field use, I have never thought they were too big. Balance is very good for my hands and they are easy to hold steady at 9x. I love them on a good tripod as well. I carry them in a Kuiu harness.

Three of my buddies have the same B2 but chose the 11x configuration. The Depth of Field is better on my 9x and the 9x is brighter, but both offer terrific color rendition, excellent detail and a sharp image.

I also own a B3 8x30 now as I wanted one for archery 3D shoots etc. And I have a C1 8x42 that I bought for my son to use. The B3, even in its small package, is brighter, sharper and all together better than the C1. The C1 was kept after a thorough comparison to a Vortex Viper HD. Only real knock on the C1 to me is the FOV being narrow. Not a problem at all in the B3 and especially the B2 9x.

Haven't tried the B1 bino, but I sure do read a lot of good. I compared the two at the hunt expo before buying the B2 upon the recommendation of the folks at Maven. Happy with my decision.

As another guy who does more bowhunting than anything else, just don’t know why a bowhunter would be sold on the B2s. Had a pair and sold them. Solid build quality and very good optics. Although Maven uses Abbe Koenig Prisms in that particular binocular which are inherently superior in many ways, the B2s were not as bright as one would expect. The biggest negative for me was the sheer size and weight. These are not a glass that can be wielded with one hand as sometimes required while bowhunting. Thought they would be right at home if primarily using them on a tripod or hanging on a truck window.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I think the B3 8x30 or 6x30s are best for archery...depending on your terrain.