Maven B3 8x30 vs Swaro CL Pocket 8x25

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All. I am looking for a small set of binos to complement my Maven B2 9x45's. I would primarily use them for turkey hunting, scouting, taking to the local soccer/football games, riding in the truck, etc. I understand the limitations of the smaller objectives and would definitely carry my B2's when needed.

That said, I was planning to purchase a new set of Maven B3's for $525 (I never see used sets in the classifieds). I recently found a used set of 2017 Swaro CL Pockets in excellent condition for $600. Which does it make more sense to purchase? I've looked through the CL's at Cabelas and liked them but have never handled the B3's (I do love my B2's). I plan to keep whichever set I purchase for many years.

I would appreciate any insight you may have. Thanks!

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
30mm objectives are as small as I'd ever consider for any hunting or scouting tasks. Any smaller and they blow at low light. Go with the Mavens. You won't be disappointed.

BBob

WKR
Years ago I tried a couple of seasons archery hunting with a pair of Leica 10x25’s (15x60’s in the pack :) ). They did okay but I switched over to 10x30 EL’s. They were great and would be the smallest I’d use in the field.

Those 8x30 mavens are fantastic. Saw a set on archery talk for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you all for those helpful replies! Much appreciated.

bigbuckdj

WKR
Ive been waiting for two months it seems for a used set to pop up. I bought the set on archerytalk. I was less than a week from buying from maven. I hope a nice set pops up for you to buy.

ODB

WKR
Those 8x30 mavens are fantastic. Saw a set on archery talk for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree here. I grabbed a like-new set for my kid and am very pleased with the quality/size/weight. They are great glass. My only suggestion is to add a locking diopter adjustment. Duct tape just looks funky …;-)

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I used a new set of the Maven B.3 8x30's this summer and fall for archery elk and love them! Don't have any comparison in that size range but found these to be very clear and handle very well.

Agross

WKR
I tried for a while to find a set of used maven 8x30’s. I ended up giving up. They get a lot of praise in the searching I did.

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I tried for a while to find a set of used maven 8x30’s. I ended up giving up. They get a lot of praise in the searching I did.
Yeah I hear you - I've been searching for months with no luck. Might be time to pony up the cash for a new set.

Blue72

WKR
Maven 6x30….for the brighter and more comfortable exit pupil

or Kowa 6.5x32 to see more of the game. Wide fields of view are awesome for sporting events