Maven B3 8x30

Just looking for a little input on this Bino. Been doing a ton of research lately on upgrading my current vortex diamondback 10x42’s. I hunt Whitetail and turkeys in the Midwest 95% of the time. I do venture out every year on an out of state hunt and this year I’m heading to South Dakota. Just looking for better/ clearer glass. Somewhat compact for Whitetails but sufficient for my trips. Thanks in advance!

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
My go to two binocular combo has been, and as far as I can tell will stay, the Maven B2 9x45 and the B3 in 8x30. The B3 is the best binocular for the price I have ever seen. While you can do better, you can only do so by spending far more money. Even then the differences don't show up without the binoculars on tripods mounted side by side. Not enough difference for me to see the need to part with the $$. I have no particular aversion to spending the money, but I won't until something comes along that will take me away from the Maven glass. Just me personally, but if I have to spend 2-3x more money, there better be compelling differences, so I have not seen that.

I did a review/comparison not too long ago. I’m loving mine, using them for the same kind of stuff you’re talking about.

I had a chance to look at a pair of these last weekend when a birder I met had them around his neck. He graciously allowed me to take a good long look through them. He was very impressed with them. Me however, not as much. I was really expecting more. Lots of distortion to my eyes, with only the middle 50% or so being sharp. I think there are better choices in that price range but I've met people who love theirs. Binoculars are such an individual thing.

ScottTL

FNG
I had a chance to look at a pair of these last weekend when a birder I met had them around his neck. He graciously allowed me to take a good long look through them. He was very impressed with them. Me however, not as much. I was really expecting more. Lots of distortion to my eyes, with only the middle 50% or so being sharp. I think there are better choices in that price range but I've met people who love theirs. Binoculars are such an individual thing.
I’ve been thinking about a pair of these or the B series but haven’t tried them yet. What binos are you using that was your comparison?

I agree with there being some distortion. To me it starts closer to 80% out. And if you touch the focus it snaps right into focus. However with such an expansive FOV, you have to intentionally move you eyes out to the edge to see this. Its beyond what I would consider the usable FOV, even on a tripod. But yes to your point glass can be subjective.

I’ve been thinking about a pair of these or the B series but haven’t tried them yet. What binos are you using that was your comparison?
I've used just about all of them it seems. Last year, I spent about 6 months buying and selling 20+ pairs to finally see for myself what I liked and didn't like.

My 8x32's are still my old tried and true Sightrons. They aren't the smallest or brightest, but the image is razor sharp and suits my eyes extremely well. I experience zero eye strain with those. I have gone to using 8x42's as my everyday bin, and only use the smaller bins occasionally these days.

The other pair my eyes really liked were the little Monarch 7 8x30's. Those are very good little bins.

I had a pair of 8x30 Swaros. Image was great but I couldn't get used to that focus wheel on the "wrong end" of the binocular so I sold those. 8x32 Zeiss Conquest HD's were pretty fantastic, but I am so used to my 8x42's now that I actually prefer the size of the Sightron 8x32's They fit my hands as good as any binocular I've ever used.