Maven B5 15x with a doubler vs 15-45 spotter?

Looking at updating one of my optics this year for mule deer hunting. I currently have a set of 12x42 bushnells and a meade 15-65 spotting scope that isn't worth packing. I've done alot of looking at maven and was orginally considering picking up their 15-45 c1 spotting scope and keeping my cheap binos for another year. Now I'm tossing around the idea of the b.5 15x with a doubler. Anyone run this set up and leave the spotter at home for backpack hunting mule deer?

OP
S
Also considering a B.2 in a 10x or 11x instead of the b.5 for versatility in a chest rig.

lanemj

FNG
I've run 15x (not Maven) in the past with no spotter and they were a great compliment to my 10x42s (also not Maven), but I really don't like glassing for long hours through a spotter and therefore don't carry one. My opinion is that you don't gain a lot carrying 15s in addition to your 12s. If you don't mind carrying a spotting scope I think you're spot on giving the cs1 a try (look into their demo program). With your 12s and a lower powered spotter you'd be able to cover a lot of ground.

Also, I tried the doubler and felt the image quality dropped off to the point where it wasn't worth it.