Maven B6 10x50 vs Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42

edevans

FNG
I narrowed it down it between these two binoculars. But I am having a tough time deciding between these two binoculars. They seem similar but people each have differing opinions about them. The biggest difference at this point is price since I can get a demo pair of Zeiss Conquest HD for 750 or I can get a pair of Mavens for 1,050. I have no issue paying more for the Mavens but wanted to be assured that 300 difference is truly worth it.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just an opinion. I would not say the biggest difference is price when comparing a decades old world class optics leader to a direct to consumer start up. I have never seen a Maven and have read great things about them so I am not giving an optical opinion, however, companies like Maven and Tract remind me of Zen-Ray which had a great product line and then they didn't exist any longer when Charles, the owner, stopped working.

ZackP

WKR
Just an opinion. I would not say the biggest difference is price when comparing a decades old world class optics leader to a direct to consumer start up. I have never seen a Maven and have read great things about them so I am not giving an optical opinion, however, companies like Maven and Tract remind me of Zen-Ray which had a great product line and then they didn't exist any longer when Charles, the owner, stopped working.

While that is possible Doug, the same was said about Vortex not being around after so many years. While that should indeed be a factor, I wouldn’t worry too much about Maven. They have a good outfit, with great customer service, and carry a great warranty should you ever need it.

OP, my suggestion is to demo the Maven’s, and order the Zeiss from Doug to compare. Doug is always great to work with, and I’m sure he would work with you on a return if needed.

IMO the conquest is great optically, but it’s the ergonomics and eye cups I couldn’t get past personally.