Maven c1 8x40 vs B3 8x30 low light

I am considering maven c1 8x40 or b3 8x30. My budget won't allow me to go for b1.
My main concern if I get the b3 is will I be giving up any low performance counting tines on mule deer inside 400 yards in the last few minutes of light to the larger c1?
I live in British Columbia so the demo program is still an option but I pay for return shipping I would just like to make the most informed decision before demoing. These binos will be replacing diamond backs so I know either will be an improvement my main hunting rifle has a Zeiss conquest 3x9 Mc scope and I am looking for similar optics quality in these binos.

If any of you have done a direct comparison I would be very interested in your input.

Thanks

Firehawk

WKR
OughtsixAi, I would reach out to Maven and ask their opinion on just that. They are terrific to talk with and didn't lead me astray when deciding between the B2 and B1. My gut says that the B3 would be great and has better glass, but I don't have any real experience with them. I do own a C1 8x42 that I use as a truck bino, back up bino, kids bino. I think that the glass is good on the C1. In my experience it handily beat out the Vortex Viper HD which we compared side by side in clarity, sharpness and brightness. However, the FOV is noticeably narrower with the C1. But the view is really good. I know that this doesn't answer your questions, but thought I would share what I experienced.

OP
OughtsixAi
Thanks I appreciate your feedback glad to hear you have been satisfied with Maven. I should probably talk to them directly.

OP
OughtsixAi
So after calling maven I went with the c1 10x42. They arrived 6 days later and I have had a chance to play with them a bit. Clarity during daylight is very good to my eyes. I think they are a great value buy. The scope on my rifle is a Zeiss conquest and the Maven's are very comparable. Maybe slightly brighter.

tblank

FNG
So after calling maven I went with the c1 10x42. They arrived 6 days later and I have had a chance to play with them a bit. Clarity during daylight is very good to my eyes. I think they are a great value buy. The scope on my rifle is a Zeiss conquest and the Maven's are very comparable. Maybe slightly brighter.

Can you share what maven said that led you to go with the C1 10x42 over the 8x choices?

I'm also interested in the best low light performer for under ~$500 from maven (have a gift card). Comparing the B3 8x to the C1 8x on the chart the B3 has 5% more light transmission, but 13 less brightness. Has anyone compared the B3 to the C1 that can give some feedback?

OP
OughtsixAi
They didn't have a strong recommendation either way so I figured I would go with the cheaper one on demo and could return if I wasn't happy. But I've been quite happy with them.

sektr

FNG
Between those two I think you’d get a better image from the B3 but a more comfortable view with the C1 (better eye relief and exit pupil).

I really liked my B3 but the eye placement was a little too particular for my personal taste.

Firehawk

WKR
Spent some time this afternoon with my C1 8x42 and B3 8x30 to compare a little side by side. To my untrained eyes, it wasn't close. I will take the B3 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I like the C1 and think it is a great optic, particularly in its price range. But the 8X30 B3 is more vivid, has a wider FOV, is easier on my eyes, and a better depth of focus by a fairly significant amount. Easy choice for me----B3 without question.

The C1 does fit my hands a little better being a much more "traditional" size. The B3 is definitely a "compact" type of binocular. But it has enough heft to it that it still works well.