Maven C1

Hoopster3

FNG
New to hunting and buying lots of gear. Amazon Prime has some decent deals that are tempting. I'd previously been looking at Vortex Diamondbacks and had them sitting in my cart. Now the Maven C1's are discounted to $262, bringing them to basically the same price.

I've read around the forum to save up your money and get high quality optics, but is this a good deal for under $300?

I have a Ruger AR in 350 Legend and will be hunting whitetail around Iowa so not as big of a need for long range viewing as more wide open country.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Rodéo

WKR
They'll work for your purposes until you get the itch to upgrade. Once that happens you can sell them for what will likely be a small loss on here. I'd highly recommend them over the diamondbacks at the same price point.

nobody

WKR
That is an UNREAL price for the C1's. If you do some reading around and some research on Maven, you'll figure out why. But basically, their business model cuts out the "middle man." Amazon is only their shipper. If you buy direct from them, Amazon handles their shipping as well.

Typically, places like Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Sportsman's warehouse pay roughly half what you do for optics. So, the $280 pair of Diamondbacks only cost them like $140. What Maven does is sell you their products at the price they would sell to a store. Because of this, their optics typically perform at the level of items that cost 2-2.5 times as much on the typical retail chain. So the C1's compete with binoculars that retail for between $700 up to $1000.

Bottom line, they're a steal of a deal at full retail price of $350. At the $262 you're seeing them for, that's the best value for binoculars on the market today PERIOD. Are they Swaro's? Absolutely not. But they blow anything made by Vortex or any other maker besides the big 3 out of the water without breaking a sweat. And the best part is you won't have to constantly send your optics in for warranty work. If you buy those diamondbacks, they'll be in Vortex's possession more than yours. Who cares about the warranty when your optics ruin a hunt.

Buy the Maven's. Just do it.

Firehawk

WKR
The Maven C1 will hang with the Vortex Viper HD all day and into the night. I liked their picture better than the Viper HD. Their FOV is slightly smaller, but clear right to the edge and they are sharp and resolve well. They are NOT a $1000 bino. I much prefer my Maven B2 9x (which is a $1000+ bino) as I have gotten so used to its comfortable view and terrific glass. That said, I spent several evenings comparing a 10x Viper to the 10x C1 side by side before we decided to go Mavens. Definitely better glass than the Diamondback. At the price point you are looking at, they are definitely a "best buy".

I have an 8x C1 that works really well. Even used it this past weekend while hunting elk in Utah. I hope that you will enjoy them as many of us have.

OP
H

Hoopster3

FNG
That is an UNREAL price for the C1's. If you do some reading around and some research on Maven, you'll figure out why. But basically, their business model cuts out the "middle man." Amazon is only their shipper. If you buy direct from them, Amazon handles their shipping as well.

Typically, places like Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Sportsman's warehouse pay roughly half what you do for optics. So, the $280 pair of Diamondbacks only cost them like $140. What Maven does is sell you their products at the price they would sell to a store. Because of this, their optics typically perform at the level of items that cost 2-2.5 times as much on the typical retail chain. So the C1's compete with binoculars that retail for between $700 up to $1000.

Bottom line, they're a steal of a deal at full retail price of $350. At the $262 you're seeing them for, that's the best value for binoculars on the market today PERIOD. Are they Swaro's? Absolutely not. But they blow anything made by Vortex or any other maker besides the big 3 out of the water without breaking a sweat. And the best part is you won't have to constantly send your optics in for warranty work. If you buy those diamondbacks, they'll be in Vortex's possession more than yours. Who cares about the warranty when your optics ruin a hunt.

Buy the Maven's. Just do it.

Thank you so much for the details. I went ahead and bought them. I liked the idea of the Vortex Diamondbacks for the reviews, warranty and the bino harness they came with. These were $12 more and don't come with a harness, but sounds like I'll be happier (for now) with the C1.

I also ended buying KUIU Guide jacket and pants so I guess the KUIU bino harness is next up!

OP
H

Hoopster3

FNG
The Maven C1 will hang with the Vortex Viper HD all day and into the night. I liked their picture better than the Viper HD. Their FOV is slightly smaller, but clear right to the edge and they are sharp and resolve well. They are NOT a $1000 bino. I much prefer my Maven B2 9x (which is a $1000+ bino) as I have gotten so used to its comfortable view and terrific glass. That said, I spent several evenings comparing a 10x Viper to the 10x C1 side by side before we decided to go Mavens. Definitely better glass than the Diamondback. At the price point you are looking at, they are definitely a "best buy".

I have an 8x C1 that works really well. Even used it this past weekend while hunting elk in Utah. I hope that you will enjoy them as many of us have.

Good to hear. So glad I found this forum and all the knowledge and help that's available, especially for a first time hunter!

Michael54

WKR
Jordan budd rokslide review right in the product description says it all 😁Screenshot_20201013-203924_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-203924_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-203924_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 24

nobody

WKR
Thank you so much for the details. I went ahead and bought them. I liked the idea of the Vortex Diamondbacks for the reviews, warranty and the bino harness they came with. These were $12 more and don't come with a harness, but sounds like I'll be happier (for now) with the C1.

I also ended buying KUIU Guide jacket and pants so I guess the KUIU bino harness is next up!
You will be extremely pleased with them! And if it makes you feel any better, they have the same warrantee as vortex. The difference is Maven markets and sells their product, not their warranty. They are kind of a no-frills option for Optics, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. That just means that more of your money goes towards the new pair of binoculars instead of future replacement pairs and extra “goodies“ that come in the box. you definitely do get what you pay for when it comes to Optics, but at least with Maven, you know you are just buying Optics.

and as far as a harness is concerned, check out the Alaskan guide creations kiss pack. The C1’s Fit perfectly, it’s a great pack!

Firehawk

WKR
Hoopster3, I use the Kuiu bino harness with my Maven B2 9x45 and I am a fan. I have the AGC version that I picked up used that I use with the C1. I prefer the simplicity of the Kuiu version, but the AGC is pretty legit and works really well. Just a little bulkier.

OP
H

Hoopster3

FNG
I received the C1's and am pleased with the purchase, even though I have no comparison. Thanks for all the feedback and just ordered the KUIU pro bino harness to keep them housed.

Unkept

FNG
I have the c1 from maven and think that for 250 bucks you cant go wrong with them I also have the older vortex hd talons and I do feel they do edge out the mavens in low light but they weigh twice as much and are very comparable im looking to upgrade tho now and am looking hard at slc's or maven b1