Maven C3 vs C1

lif

WKR
Anyone have experience or opinions on the two lines of Binos? I know and underatand the physical differences between the two but hoping for opinions on their performance in the field. I’m leaning towards the C3 but could use some first hand opinions on the two. Thanks.

I love the C1. I love the size. I haven’t played around with a C3. I can glass past shooting hours with the C1. Not sure what benefit the C3 would really provide.

I definitely wouldn’t go any less in field of view than the 10x42. I just looked up the field of view and the C1s are much better than the C3 in fov. Fov is the only significant knock on the C1s competed to higher price binos. I guess the depth of field gets to some people too.

OP
L

lif

WKR
Thanks. Those 50mm lenses on the C3 had me curious of the difference in low light situations.

matthewmt

WKR
I ordered some 10x42 c1s about this time last year on sale for 250$ish for a Xmas gift to myself. I also bought a truck on Xmas Eve so I decided I didn't need binos too and returned them. I didn't play around with them much but my first observation was the eye cups moving very easy. If I opened them they would almost fall down with a slight touch. I have read others mention this and it sounds like there is a after market eye piece that fixes this issue.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I ordered some 10x42 c1s about this time last year on sale for 250$ish for a Xmas gift to myself. I also bought a truck on Xmas Eve so I decided I didn't need binos too and returned them. I didn't play around with them much but my first observation was the eye cups moving very easy. If I opened them they would almost fall down with a slight touch. I have read others mention this and it sounds like there is a after market eye piece that fixes this issue.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It bothers some guys but not others. Zero issue for me.

I said I own C1s. If you read reviews, a few guys will take about the eyecups being loose and it bugging them. Mine are a little loose but don’t bug me at all.

Reactions: lif

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
Could you elaborate? Do you use maven glass?

I have a pair and the eye cups are the only thing I don’t like. You have to constantly reposition them. For $250ish it’s a good glass. Some have found homemade remedies for the eye cup issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lif

WKR
Are there threads on here about the eyecups? Or any knowledge of how they fix them?