Maven Crs.2 vs. leupold Vx3 hd 4.5-14

Has anyone used both of these? I have read the review on the maven and tons of reviews on the leupold. Just want to know how they stack up to one another apart from the obvious differences in The CDS and capped turrets. My question is quality wise.

I have a VX3HD 3.5-10 CDS ZL on my rifle, one season under its belt and dialed like it should. Zeroed well. When I clicked up from a 100 yd zero, bullseye so to speak, 3/3 on deer. I have had good satisfaction over the 30+ years with Leupold in general for quality. I lean toward them for lighter weight as well. Specs show the Leupold you are considering almost 1/4 pound lighter if that makes a difference.

Maven has a good price vs the Leupold, especially if dialing isn't in the picture.

Check out eye relief, not something that gets as much consideration as it should, IMO.

Last edited:
I have the exact Leupold you are asking about. I have no experience with the Maven. I head shot a Bobcat at 230 yards on Saturday with it mounted on a Christensen Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. I too am a long time user of Leupolds and have them mounted on four different rifles. Never a problem.