Maven optic upgrade

So this following hunting season I gave my Leopoldo bx-1 McKenzie to a buddy who needed a pair of binos and getting a pair just wasn’t in his budget.

so know I’m looking at mavens as a upgrade, we do mostly whitetail , elk & bear up here in northern Alberta with the occasional trip south to the mountain regions our province has to offer.

what I’m looking for is a one and do bino for all applications , I been thinking about b.2 11x45s and pairing it with the S.2 spotter .

like to hear your guys opinions as I’ve been stuck on this for sometime now!

sektr

FNG
Can’t go wrong with the B2 if you don’t mind the size/weight.

I’d go 9x over 11x, apparently they have significantly better depth of field and if you’re bringing a spotter anyways the extra mag won’t be that important.

Dan2061

FNG
I would consider Tract Torics as well. I was stuck between maven and tract and went ahead and saved some money on the tracts to use on a tripod and other gear. Im really happy with the decision!

Had a pair of B2 9x45s - sold them last year. Overall, I liked binocular but it was just too massive and heavy for my purposes. The view had very good resolution and color, but was not what expected in the way of brightness. Build quality seemed very solid, above average for the price-point. They use Abbe-Keonig Prisms, and based on the B2 design aren’t a true roof prism bino, which has some inherent optical advantages. Although the view was fine it wasn’t something that wow’d me - combined with the less than desirable weight and handling I wasn’t taking them afield much and sold them.

The great news is there are a lot of great binoculars in the same general price range. If there is a place you can go to get your hands on some to compare it is worth the trip.