Maven RF1 opinions

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve been using a pair of Maven bumps the last year or so and I really like them. Really impressed with the quality versus the price point. That being said, as a bowhunter primarily, I’ve never felt the need to put much money into a rangefinder. I’ve been using the same Nikon Athlon for about 7 years now. While it’s never let me down in bow range scenarios, it sucks for rifle hunting. It’s nearly impossible to get a range on something past 200-250 yards. If it’s raining or foggy, forget it. I’ve killed a lot of stuff within bow range using it though.
Anyways, I feel it’s time to upgrade, and so I saw the Maven rangefinder. I think it’s $400, which is a little more than 2 times what I paid for that Nikon.
I’d like to hear some first hand opinions from real world use. How does it perform for longer ranging? Does it also work well for archery use? I’m assuming it’s got all the angle compensation stuff that you’d want for bow hunting? Is it really worth putting the extra money into upgrading from what I got today? I would hate to spend the extra and still be frustrated trying to make longer ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
there is a review thread at the top of this forum on the rf1.

in short, yes it's worth the upgrade.

bird35

FNG
I picked one up a couple weeks ago. It will definitely not disappoint when it comes to ranging for long shots. I haven't used it a lot yet but out to a 1000 yards is really easy for it. I like the wheel on the side for adjustments, I was concerned I wouldnt like it sticking out but it has not been a problem. I carry it in the new marsupial rangefinder case. It does have angle compensation.

bird35

FNG
I did the same thing after I finally decided to buy one. They go in and out of stock pretty quickly. I bet they come back in stock in around a week or less.

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
They are already back on stock and I ordered one today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk