maven rifle scopes, my personal review

Purchased the rs.3 and rs.5 in last few weeks. Ive finally got to play with them a bit. They both track excellent, are both super clear all the way to edges, they both have good eye relief, and the parallax adjustment is great compared to some the zeiss ive had. On the rs.3 the body is much shorter then the rs.5 by about 3 inches so its made mounting it difficult on talley rings with a tikka and on a picattiny rail i had to use high rings instead of medium to clear the objective of the 50mm. Bot scopes have the shr-moa reticle which im loving however the rs.3 is more challenging to use if below 8 power for me since it is lighter but darkens at higher power since first focal plane vs second focal. I plan to dial and to use them for hunting so i don't plan to use holdovers. On my scale they both come in at 26 ounces so exact same weight. The website says 2 ounce difference. For the money id buy another one if i needed another scope. For my needs mainly hunting to 600 yards 270 WSM primary gun id prefer the rs.5. If i used the 300 more i mite would want the first focal plane so i could zoom in for the longer range shots over 600 yards. I should note even at powers above 20 the scopes were crystal clear. Im not a long range shooter and do not have enough experience to compare to nightforce but i can say i was able to ring steel out to 1k alot easier then with my old zeiss v4 4-16 and that the difference is a game changer for me.

JakeSCH

WKR
Yeah, pretty much spot on what i saw as well. I really like the RS.5, I just wish they were a bit lighter.

I am really tempted to pick up a second one before their deal expires. But no one is buying my RS.1 lol