Maven RS.1 Rifle Scope Initial Review

sndmn11

WKR
Glad you said it and not me:)

Brenden blame Cade not me! Haha

Sound like a sic scope for the lightweight crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had talked to the Maven folks at the two shows I was at about the weight of the scope they had displayed, and they told me a lighter weight one would be released this summer. It didn't seem hush-hush to me, and I know I personally am not too interested in the heavy scope, but it might save someone a purchase and sell on something else if they know a light one is right around the corner. I kept the other details in his email a secret though....

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It's not about shooting farther it's about how crappy my eyes are. I am getting a 6.5-06 Ackley also...

Very nice! That will zip some lead. They do have more scopes coming but not this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28bang

WKR

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders,
Josh Boyd is working on his final review of this Maven RS1 and it should be up late month. He's given it good marks, but wants to get it on a bear hunt before he hits publish. Watch for that.

Maven linked me on a short video that shows all the specs and high points that is visible in the post above this one:

Here's their page info:
RS.1 Riflescope 2.5-15x44 | Maven Outdoor Equipment Company

stay tuned for Josh's review, we'll link it on here so if you want to subscribe at "thread tools" lead post, you'll receive a notification.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a quick follow up since the published review:

The scope was used on a limited entry Utah elk hunt in mid-November is some very open country. When it was time to take the shot I had complete confidence that the turret would dial precisely where I needed it. I spend countless days dialing and shooting at extended ranges before the trip without a hiccup.

The clarity of the glass was a huge factor as I was shooting toward a sun low on the horizon with the bull standing in the shade; probably one of the toughest conditions to shoot in. I feel like anything of lessor quality would have made the shot harder to execute.

Overall I am blown away with the RS.1. Its size, weight, and power range were perfect for the places and conditions I hunted.

If anyone is looking at new scope this year stop by a hunting show this winter and check them out first hand. The Maven folks will be happy to see Rokslide members show up and ask questions.

-Josh