Maven RS.1 Rifle Scope Initial Review

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good video Ryan
I think Josh Boyd is running this scope for his Utah elk hunt too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I took a long look at this scope as well as others at the western hunt expo and I was thoroughly impressed with the Maven. I am in the market for a scope and I think this fits the bill. I am thinking on getting this one for my wife's new Tikka T3 X Lite 6.5 Creedmoor. She certainly liked the glass and the moa reticle as well. I remember that they are in the works for another scope for next year. Ryan do you happen to know what the size and magnification range is supposed to be on the next one?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I took a long look at this scope as well as others at the western hunt expo and I was thoroughly impressed with the Maven. I am in the market for a scope and I think this fits the bill. I am thinking on getting this one for my wife's new Tikka T3 X Lite 6.5 Creedmoor. She certainly liked the glass and the moa reticle as well. I remember that they are in the works for another scope for next year. Ryan do you happen to know what the size and magnification range is supposed to be on the next one?

Sound like the next one will be a compact scope. Don’t know the magnification or anything about the turret configuration.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Got any more details on the zero stop (its not on their site)?

Only messed with the zero stop for a few minutes at the shot show. Don’t really want to speculate till I get one in my hands. But from what I’ve seen Maven is doing things right.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryan your trying hard to cost me some money...again. Every review you do on maven makes me want to get my hands on their glass a little more.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Great video Ryan! I ordered this scope when they first started the pre order and can’t wait to get my hands on it and get it mounted up on my tikka 7mm. Quick question what do you recommend for rings ? I really dig the ones you have on your rifle with built in level who makes em ? Thanks

Got to handle at Boise outdoor show earlier this month. The turrets have very nice definite clicks to them. Glass and reticle looked great as far as I could tell inside. I will be getting rid of my razor hd lh 3-15 and hopefully get in on the preorder. Great video Ryan!

Mike

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Great video Ryan! I ordered this scope when they first started the pre order and can’t wait to get my hands on it and get it mounted up on my tikka 7mm. Quick question what do you recommend for rings ? I really dig the ones you have on your rifle with built in level who makes em ? Thanks

Those are Nightforce LW rings with level. But I much prefer the Hawkins precision rings with level.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Got to handle at Boise outdoor show earlier this month. The turrets have very nice definite clicks to them. Glass and reticle looked great as far as I could tell inside. I will be getting rid of my razor hd lh 3-15 and hopefully get in on the preorder. Great video Ryan!

Mike

Thanks! I really think this scope has great value.

If you were to mount this scope on a Tikka T3 X Lite and wanted to use a Talley lightweight ring / base combo, could a guy get away with running the lows and still have clearance or would you have to bump up to the medium?

lintond

WKR
I'm looking at a new scope to build up on a 6.5 creed for shooting out to 750 or so with some practice shots at 1,000 or so.

Ryan where would you compare this to the NF SHV 4-14x50 F1?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
2-10x38, around 12oz and a mid-late summer release according to Cade.

Glad you said it and not me:)

Brenden blame Cade not me! Haha

Sound like a sic scope for the lightweight crowd.