Maven rs2 scope love

Who all has the Maven RD2 scope and how do you like it? Any issues with them?

I have had one with the SHR reticle for a few months now and I love mine. I haven't taken through any tracking testing yet and I am really hesitant to start intentionally dropping my gun on the scope to test zero retention. So as far as durability of this particular scope, I don't have a lot of information yet. I know there's a lot of love for the rs3 and rs1, but very little information is out there on the rs2. Because of this, I thought maybe some of the users out there could share their experiences, good and bad, for those that are curious about this scope.

@Ryan Avery and @Josh Boyd , I noticed you've both posted a fair bit on the rs3. Any info on the rs2?

How about everyone else?

Edit: I sent Maven customer service an email several weeks ago asking about their QC testing (tracking, drop testing), but I've not heard anything from them yet.

Last edited:
So far so good on my RS2. I have mine in lapped talley one piece rings on a Bergara B-14 Hunter in 7/08. I have only used it at 100 yards sighting in and my son shot a whitetail buck at 75 yards with it this past December. He drew a Colorado elk tag so we will be practicing out to 300 yards with it soon. I hunt primarily with a recurve so I like to be within 20 yards! I'll try to report back how our longer range practice goes. It's been 95 degrees with 30 mph winds for the past week so I haven't considered shooting lately.

twall13

WKR
I have one I picked up recently but I haven't purchased the rifle to put it on yet so I can't add much. I like the size and weight and I've really liked my RS.1 so I figured the RS.2 would be great on my new elk rifle. I'll try and remember to update after some time with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Any one else using these scopes that can give their input?
They seem to be ideal for what i want on my 30-06 Ai a light bright scope with 2x mag for thick brush and 10x for out in the open. my only concern is the eye relief?

Thanks

gajda888

FNG
Hoping for more info on these. Considering putting one on my 7mm but worried about the low eye relief.

OP
H
Hoping for more info on these. Considering putting one on my 7mm but worried about the low eye relief.

I had one and regret selling it. I wouldn't worry about the eye relief. There's plenty and I never got kissed by the scope

251JDG

FNG
Have one on a steyr .22 wmr. Has been a great lightweight scope and have had no issue with it holding zero riding around in the back seat of my truck.