Maven RS2

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have experience with the Maven RS2? Things you like, don’t like? I’m thinking of putting it on my current elk rifle. I do a lot of mixed terrain hunting, all the way from thick timber to more open landscapes.

Rmauch20

WKR
I was getting ready to post the same thing. Hopefully someone can jump In with some experience behind at scope. Trying to decide between the RS2 and the vortex razor light hunter 2.5x 10.

Greg Beck

WKR
I recently bought one and placed it on top of a Tikka T3 Lite .270. So far so good. I have had it to the range 3x so far and out on one evening hunt. It's light, seems solidly built, and the glass quality is great. It's the best optic I've ever owned but that's not saying very much as I'm slowly upgrading equipment from junk to quality. So far it's exceeded my expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmoose

FNG
Looking for some more reviews on the Maven RS2. Thought I'd resurrect this thread from a while ago and see if anyone has experience with this scope that they can add.

I'm looking to scope a 300 wsm and plan to shoot out to around 600 yds max. Normal use would be brushy country and 300 yards and in though.

Lightweight is a must, also 2x magnification on the lower end is high on the priority list. This scope seems to fit my criteria. Other scopes that interest me are the VX3 in 2.5x8x36 (already have one of these on another rifle) and vortex razor hd lh 2x10x40. How would the Maven stack up against either of these?

xrangerx

WKR
Looking for some more reviews on the Maven RS2. Thought I'd resurrect this thread from a while ago and see if anyone has experience with this scope that they can add.

I'm looking to scope a 300 wsm and plan to shoot out to around 600 yds max. Normal use would be brushy country and 300 yards and in though.

Lightweight is a must, also 2x magnification on the lower end is high on the priority list. This scope seems to fit my criteria. Other scopes that interest me are the VX3 in 2.5x8x36 (already have one of these on another rifle) and vortex razor hd lh 2x10x40. How would the Maven stack up against either of these?

We are looking at similar optics. Maybe the SWFA ultralight too?

co_archer

Lil-Rokslider
I'd also like to know the answer to this question. I've done a bit of digging and info is hard to find for the RS.2, although there is a bit out there for the RS.1. I have Maven C1 binos and they are really excellent quality so I imagine the rifle scopes are right there with them.

Trr15

WKR
I actually bought the RS2 Greg Beck mentioned above. I have it mounted on Tikka T3 light chambered in .338 win mag. Its light, bright, clear and solidly built. The only slight negatives from my perspective are that the eye relief is a little short (of course it wouldn't be as much of a concern on a lighter recoiling rifle - no brake on the Tikka) and the SHR reticle is a little thicker than I'd prefer, although I'm being nitpicky there. All in all, a good quality scope that I'm planning on hanging onto.

Can you re-zero the turrets on the RS.2 so that they can be used as actual ballistic turrets? Are are they set and forget style?

I have four of them. I love them. If I needed another scope I'd buy a fifth. Maven glass is top notch (my binos are B2's). Durability has been great. One of them lives on a Knight Ultralight muzzleloader that has some serious bark, and it has held zero like a champ. That first hash on the SHR reticle is perfect 200 yards on my muzzleloader. I dial for the centerfire guns though. So far they dial perfectly and always return to zero. I actually need to sell one because I'm selling the rifle it lives on, so PM me if you're interested. It's a duplex model. I also have the new RS3 and I love it, but damn if I'm not tempted to sell it and save the money and weight by going with another RS2. Might give it a season and see how it goes.

Any more reviews on these? Going to order this or the Trijicon acupoint 3-9 for a woods gun.