MAVEN S.2 Spotting Scope Review **Update 11/29 with final review**

Buelrdr29

FNG
I want one of the S2 scopes! Played with it at the sportsmans show and really liked the size and clarity. I am also curioua about the doubler.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The doubler is a very narrow usage attachment. Yes you can double the magnification, but it really cuts down on light transmission. You aren't going to throw one on at last light and look at anything. You need to have bright conditions for it to be useful, and not too hot to where mirage is a concern.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just do a search on here to what doublers do on binos. Swaro makes one, as does Vortex. No one uses them because of barreling and light transmission issues. Anytime you add another lens something has to give.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
QUESTION : So to be clear... can an eyeglasses wearer use the Maven all the way out to max magnification, without having to press his glasses against the scopes eyepiece glass?

In other words, there is enough eye relief so that an eyeglass wearer can keep their eyeglasses on, and still use the Maven all the way out to it's Max magnification?

I'm asking because with my Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50mm... to see the upper part of the magnification range, I literally have to press my eyeglasses right up against the glass of the spotters eyepiece. Not good for either piece of glass.

So since Maven has opted instead to not try to go up as high in magnification range... I was thinking a person might not have to do that on this model? Not have to actually get your darn eyeglasses right up to touching the glass of the spotters eyepiece?

The lil Maven has me curious because it's Straight bodied, which I'd now like to try in a spotter, since I've gotten more used to using my binos on the tripod, and figured if both are straight bodied I wouldn't have to do much re-finding of objects when switching from bino to spotter. I found that annoying and stressful switching from binos to angled spotter and having to re-find the target again by needing to make note of larger nearby objects to re-guide you in once you put on the angled spotter and need to lower it down and all that. Figure if both are straight, should take much less effort to re-acquire target in the straight spotter.

And also I think would be a bit easier to fit into my packs long side pockets by being straight.