Maven's CRS Riflescopes Jan2022 Release

Edsteel

FNG
Anyone else have comments on this scope? Trying to decide if I should just up my budget to the Zeiss V4 demo or try Maven out. Will be used 100-300 yards mainly.

I finally got mine mounted on the rifle it had been waiting for. Like you, I don’t see it being used beyond 300 yards, so it is on a Christensen Arms Ridgeline Scout (16“ barrel). I also have a Vortex Razor 3-10 LHT mounted on a different rifle and I cannot tell a $500 difference in clarity. This includes informally comparing both at dusk.

So far, I’m impressed with this Maven bargain.

Last edited:
OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I finally got mine mounted on the rifle it had been waiting for. Like you, I don’t see it being used beyond 300 yards, so it is on a Christensen Arms Ridgeline Scout (16“ barrel). I also have a Vortex Razor 3-10 LHT mounted on a different rifle and I cannot tell a $500 difference in clarity. This includes informally comparing both at dusk.

So far, I’m impressed with this Maven bargain.

I think that type of use is ideal. We put the test unit through about 220 300wsm shots and then I moved it to my 22LR. It is working like it should.

ErikT

FNG
Got mine- just got it mounted on S&W (Howa/Vanguard 1500) .270 and looking forward to test shooting.
So far impressed with the quality, fit and finish out of the box.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
We had it on my brother's 300wsm Xbolt that is about 6.75lbs for around 500 shots. Nobody that shot it ever got dinged and it was among our most accurate and precise setups. He ended up not hunting due to an injury.

I then put it on a TC22 (10/22 knockoff) and it worked just as well.

If you like the form factor (capped, second focal, the reticle, MOA) I think it's a good choice. On a .22 I'd to the .2 version, for an elk rifle I'd do the .1 version.
Any updates on this scope. I see they are on sale but the eye relief looks short. Want to put it on a Creed for the kids to use less than 250 yards.

ErikT

FNG
Any updates on this scope. I see they are on sale but the eye relief looks short. Want to put it on a Creed for the kids to use less than 250 yards.
The eye relief is short. Seems to be a universal issue with most modern scopes. I went thru a bunch of mounts and even had the LOP shortened on one rifle to get it right. Nice scope though.