Maven’s New Rangefinder RF.1 ***Review Added 5/3/21***

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
How does a $400 rangefinder not come with its own pouch or case? I've never had a problem with running my bino harness through the belt loop on my leupold case that the rangefinder came with. I notice they are selling one for $20 on the maven website though.

How does a $3000 pair of binoculars not come with a real bino harness... ..? Oh, and the pouch’s that do come with RFs usually suck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
How does a $3000 pair of binoculars not come with a real bino harness... ..? Oh, and the pouch’s that do come with RFs usually suck!

They come in a case/soft case though. Some sort of safe storage. Sure most aren't the best but they're typically serviceable and if your going to sell something with an odd dimension or shape all the more reason to throw something in.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
They come in a case/soft case though. Some sort of safe storage. Sure most aren't the best but they're typically serviceable and if your going to sell something with an odd dimension or shape all the more reason to throw something in.

Not me, I would rather it be $400 than $420. I would rather use the $20 for the pouch I want.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Maven is in the optics business, not the harness business. Pretty sure their plan is to let you get whatever case/harness you prefer and not waste your money on one that will collect dust that comes with the optic.

I like it personally, but I know not all do.

VASolocam

FNG
I love this rangefinder and have been field testing it for the last two weeks while working on food plots and scouting turkeys. I love the display. It is extremely clear and the numbers have been visible in all conditions I have tested so far. My biggest difficulty has been finding a pouch that will fit this unit. It did not fit the standard marsupial, FHF, or AGC rangefinder pouches. Best fit I've found so far is the AGC in line accessory case but it's still very tight. If anyone has a case that is working for them, please post which one.
Thanks

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I just chatted with Mollie over at Maven and she said Marsupial is working on a case to specifically fit this rangefinder. She doesn’t know an exact timeline just yet though.

She also mentioned she threw her Marsupial harness in boiling hot water and then put and aspirin bottle in the harness. Said the rangefinder fit great after that. Clever girl.

VASolocam

FNG
Thanks very much. I’ll try the boiling water trick with the AGC in line adaptor and see if I can get a better fit. Can anyone try the Adak rangefinder pouch and report if it fits? Also wondering about the front pouch on one of the AGC larger bino pouches?

Not me, I would rather it be $400 than $420. I would rather use the $20 for the pouch I want.

I believe that he thinks $400 is alot.
Where my skewd ass, is looking at is as a cheap bang around archery range finder. Because my lieca is to old for angle comp and I'm not sure but I don't think I need my kilo 2400 for archery.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
How come no one is talking about real world max range on this thing? Who cares about the dial, does it deliver what Maven says it will?

Geewhiz

WKR
How come no one is talking about real world max range on this thing? Who cares about the dial, does it deliver what Maven says it will?

Wondering the same thing. Got one on order and will keep you posted.

sndmn11

WKR
Wondering the same thing. Got one on order and will keep you posted.

Short answer is yes. Of course I will cover in my review.

Last edited:

mechengr

FNG
Thanks very much. I’ll try the boiling water trick with the AGC in line adaptor and see if I can get a better fit. Can anyone try the Adak rangefinder pouch and report if it fits? Also wondering about the front pouch on one of the AGC larger bino pouches?
I can confirm the RF.1 fits in an AGC front pocket. It's snug and has to go in upside down but it zips easily. Tested on my AGC Hybrid.

Grecco

FNG
I emailed fhf asking if their pouch fit it. They said the older ones didn't but the newer ones fit. Sounds like they made the regular range pouch just alittle bigger. I am planning on buying a pouch later this year.

Sled

WKR

MarsupLARGE RANGEFINDER POUCH​

large rangefinder pouch was designed specifically for the Maven RF1 and Vortex Razor 4000 rangefinders

https://www.marsupialgear.com/collections/all/products/large-rangefinder-pouch

• Interior dimensions 4"x5.5"x2.75"

This is great timing. My marsupial rangefinder pouch was stolen with my leica 1600b in it. I've been waiting for confirmation on the newer pouch fitting before buying the Maven rangefinder.

Thanks for linking it