Max Hunters Per Truck?

A crew cab F150 with 6.5' bed is plenty crowded for 2 if there is enough cooler space for 2 elk. 3 would probably irritate me and we couldn't plan to all kill. Not a friggin chance I'd do 4.

2 truck with 2 guys each. Benefits being able to stretch out and still share drive time. Plenty of space for gear. Plus, if you all tag out (especially with elk) you’d be able to split the game between two trucks instead of one. It is nice to be together for the drive but realistically you’ll be spending plenty of time together on an extended hunt together.

The comment about 4 people traveling together and 1 guy having to go back home early due to unforeseen circumstances......No way in hell that 1 guy is going to screw up year long plans for 3 other hunters. That guy gets taken to the closest airport or bus station and dropped off. He can fly home or even rent a car. You don’t get to ruin 3 other guys vacation. And if he’s a truly good friend to begin with, he wouldn’t expect anything more than a ride to the closest place he can find alternate transportation.

Ive traveled all over the US shooting matches for 10 years. It’s usually always in a F250/350. 2 people is ideal just so one can get some sleep in the back seat if needed. 3 people is ok, but I don’t like it. 4 people is a “no go” for me. If it came down to it, I’d drive myself solo before I went with 3 others all in the same truck.

ShreckIII

FNG
Four would be too crowded, especially with all of the gear. Small trailer and one fly. We found that one person flying and getting a rental, if two vehicles are needed for hunting, is cheaper than driving two trucks out.

Maki35

WKR
4 guys and all their gear in one truck will be tight. 2 trucks would be more comfortable.

JakeB2010

FNG
As far as fitting 4 to a truck, that is doable if you dont mind being absolutely crammed and you are close to everyone going however my main concern would be the hunting aspect. Are all four of you going to hunt together at all times? If not then you may have to coordinate pickup/drop off times with the other crew and that could get extremely frustrating for all parties. I guess this could be alleviated if it was a pack in/backpack hunt but there is no way in heck I would go with all four in one pick up. Then throw in the fact one may have a home emergency they have to attend as others have mentioned, its a no brainer to take at least 2 trucks. This years elk hunt, there are 3 of us traveling out of state (we are from the same town) and we are each taking our own truck.

Man, 2 guys is tight for me 4 would be an absolute nightmare.. I like having my own rig. Anyone else feel the same way?