Max Points In Wyoming

Whip

WKR
I am sitting on max Points for deer in WY and this might just be the year I try to make use of them.
I've always devoted my fall western hunt to elk. I was hoping that might continue but AZ had different ideas for me. I do have apps in for WY moose and NM elk but odds are that I will still be looking for a hunt when those results come out. Maybe this should be my year to do something about all of these WY deer points.

I am just beginning the research process and there's plenty of time yet but thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone has any input for me.

I'd prefer a spot & stalk DIY hunt, most likely public land. At 64 the high country is a lot harder than it used to be but I guess I won't rule anything out yet. But easier country would sure be a bonus for my old joints. I am strictly looking for archery season even though I know the tag could be valid for rifle if I don't fill up. I kind of doubt I would come back out with a gun. I hunt with traditional gear, so would look for terrain that would allow for some close in stalks.

Wyoming doesn't seem to have a lot of good info for Bowhunters as far as success rates, hunting pressure, etc. Sorting through stats for rifle hunts really doesn't tell me much. And I know that just focusing on the units that require the most points to draw could be misleading. The very best rifle units might be poor choices for an archery hunt. I'm just not sure how to tell. And I'm not at all afraid to burn max points on a unit that doesn't require it if the unit is better suited to archery hunting.

If anyone has any suggestions on specific units or just some hints of what I should be looking for or focusing on I would appreciate hearing from you - by PM if you prefer. Who wouldn't like to shoot the biggest buck in the state? But realistically I'd be more than happy to be in a place with good numbers of decent bucks and lots of opportunities. Terrain, overall population, hunting pressure, availability of public land - those are more important than inches of antler to me.