Maximum effective range of 375 H&H

IDShane

WKR
I will openly admit that I am stealing an idea from an earlier post on the 35 Whelan subject. I have had a post about what bullets to shoot in my 300PRC for an upcoming Alaskan Moose hunt and received excellent feedback. In reading the 35 post it made me wonder if maybe I should use my new (to me) 375 H&H. I was told by my outfitter that most shots would be sub 300 yards but it could get out to 500 yards. What do you guys think about taking my 375 to Alaska next fall?

Depends on how many moose you may see. If there is only one chance at 500 yds then I would want the 300 PRC and your dial turret.

If brown bear is also on the table then I’d consider the 375….

I will openly admit that I am stealing an idea from an earlier post on the 35 Whelan subject. I have had a post about what bullets to shoot in my 300PRC for an upcoming Alaskan Moose hunt and received excellent feedback. In reading the 35 post it made me wonder if maybe I should use my new (to me) 375 H&H. I was told by my outfitter that most shots would be sub 300 yards but it could get out to 500 yards. What do you guys think about taking my 375 to Alaska next fall?
Well, I was openly ridiculed for my love of my .375 H&H. I actually have shot ground squirrels and coyotes with my 24 " Sporter weight stainless model 700 out to around 400 yards when ammo was cheaper. Dead is dead, why all the hype about what a little 6.5 Creedmoor can (maybe) do when you can lob a 300 grain predictably into the vitals of an elk? If you have good loads and don't have Creedmoor sensitivity to recoil, why not hunt with a medium bore super outdated, useless, Fudd happy, wasteful, laughable caliber round? I do.

SwiftShot

WKR
375 H&H 300-grain bullet hits with close to 4,000 foot pounds of energy with a trajectory that is very similar to a . 308 Springfield with a 180-grain bullet. The 235- and 270-grain bullets have a trajectory similar to a . 30-06, but hit with greater energy out to 400 to 500 yards.

The question is what bullet are you ising and what is it min velocity to open.