MBG vs CBE

marktole

WKR
Have had several MBG Ascent Verdict sights and really like them. Recently played with the newer CBE Engage Hybrid 3 pin at an archery shop. Seems like a good sight with good features for a good price.

Anyone used the CBE engage hybrid and the MBG to have a comparison? Am looking around at the MBG Pro series and the price is substantially more than the CBE, is it justified?

I think the big price difference comes from where the sights are made. MBG is American made and CBE is not.

I have had several MBG sights and the CBE engage hybrid. I really liked the CBE micro adjustment pins and to get that in an MBG there is a big price jump.

If you haven't looked at Axcel Accutouch multi-pin you should. It's my favorite multi pin sight of all three. I have the carbon pro and it's super light and compact with all the features of the CBE.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
So I have used both. The CBE Engage is made quite cheaply. If you take it apart all the screws screw into plastic. There's not alot holding it together. That being said it is extremely adjustable. I was going to buy the Pro and settled for the CBE. I wish I would have just spent the extra money on the MBG.

dkime

WKR
Have had several MBG Ascent Verdict sights and really like them. Recently played with the newer CBE Engage Hybrid 3 pin at an archery shop. Seems like a good sight with good features for a good price.

Anyone used the CBE engage hybrid and the MBG to have a comparison? Am looking around at the MBG Pro series and the price is substantially more than the CBE, is it justified?

Buy the MBG, use it as a sight. framing hammer. euthanasian stick, etc. I have run/still run various CBE sights and never had one fail, but if I was spending money today it wouldn't be on the sight you are referencing. Having said that, the MBG is too expensive for what you are getting. It's 50% more money than the hybrid version of the CBE and you're not getting 50% more for you money. Both have a great warranty but a Spot Hogg is probably the best value of all these style sights.

I had a cbe a few years ago I got in a trade, decent sight never was crazy about it so I sent it down the road, I honestly didn’t try it for long though so I can’t say much about it. I have put the MBG pro, accutouch, fast eddie tommy hogg and HHA kingpin through the ringer and like MBG best personally but they are all good choices. I don’t think anyone looking for a multipin slider will be unhappy MBG it’s a hell of a sight

OP
marktole

marktole

WKR
Forgot to update this, I decided to go with the MBG pro. I figured what the hell, its only $100 more and they're making more money every day, right? Seemed to be a consensus above that it is the better built product anyway.

dkime

WKR
Forgot to update this, I decided to go with the MBG pro. I figured what the hell, its only $100 more and they're making more money every day, right? Seemed to be a consensus above that it is the better built product anyway.

That sight could last you a lifetime if you let it, good choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk