MCARBO Trigger Spring for X-Bolt

Choog

FNG
Anybody use a MCARBO spring to upgrade their trigger on an x-bolt. I just got a new Hells Canyon 300 WSM but I’m not too thrilled with the trigger. Feels a little stiff to me. Drawn to the spring upgrade for cost vs a whole new trigger. Thanks in advance.

mvrk28

WKR
Run on my hells canyon 6.5 cm and love it, install was easy. Im sure the Timney would be better but for the money it’s tough to beat.

OP
Choog

Choog

FNG
Run on my hells canyon 6.5 cm and love it, install was easy. Im sure the Timney would be better but for the money it’s tough to beat.

so a pretty noticeable improvement from the stock trigger? For the price I’m sure it’s worth a try anyways.

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
I installed it on my Xbolt. Went from 3.5lbs to 2.5lbs and just over 2lbs. A lot lighter. I thought it was worth it for $13. I’m sure a timney would be better but at the time they didn’t have one out for the Xbolt. Also didn’t want to spend that much on triggers for two guns.

mvrk28

WKR
so a pretty noticeable improvement from the stock trigger? For the price I’m sure it’s worth a try anyways.
Definitely noticeable and as you said, for the price you can’t go wrong.

manitou1

WKR
I put it on three X-Bolts. Significant improvement on all three. I realy don't see a need to spend more on an aftermarket trigger, especially since they negate the bolt unlock button.

Ajvandenbosch8

Lil-Rokslider
I have 4 of them springs in various x bolts and they all shoot 2# I highly suggest them for under $15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had different results for my XBolt Speed and my Max Long Range. The Mcarbo on the speed got the trigger pull down to about 2.5 lb, on the Max it only took it down to 3 lb. I tried 2 different springs in the Max and same result??? I like the width of the Browning trigger but ended up replacing both with the Timney. Both are at 2 lb.

manitou1

WKR
2.5 lb is fine for a hunting trigger IMO. There seems to be a fad developed by the internet that everybody needs a 3 lb pack, a 5 lb rifle and a 1.8 lb trigger pull. Chasing unicorns... extremism. Yeah, target shooters benefit with light triggers, but for my camp less than 2 1/2 pound triggers on a hunting rifle is getting in to the danger zone.
Makes me wonder how I killed all those animals with 4-5 lb triggers over the past 50 years.
Yes, I like to stretch the legs on my shots and 500-600+ yd shots are not uncommon, but my rifles do fine at 2.5-3 lbs.

OP
Choog

Choog

FNG
Appreciate the feedback. I’ll give one a try. I adjusted the stock trigger down as far as it will go and it was still just over 3.5 lbs. Looking for 2.5-3 lb range.

LightFoot

WKR
I have two xbolts and put it in both of mine. I didn't put a guage on it but it is noticeably better.

Its not as good as a Timney, but you don't lose any function with the MCARBO spring swap like you do with the Timney.

>>>----JAKE----->

seawolfxix

Lil-Rokslider
The MCARBO spring didn’t make any difference in my xbolt pro. Had to buy the Timney.

Also, MCARBO scrubs bad reviews from their website, so their “5-star” rating is heavily skewed.

OP
Choog

Choog

FNG
Well, I got it installed. I didn't get the drop in pull weight that he did in the installation video. He got almost a 50% drop in pull weight.

Had an average pull of 4.2 lbs before and down to 3.6 lbs after. It is a noticeable difference and I'm glad I did it, especially for the cost. I was aiming for a 3-3.5 lb pull, so this is close enough.

BCD

WKR
I put one in my HC Speed 300 WSM and got it down to about 2.7. Eventually I upgraded to the Timney and now it's right around 2.

Are there different pull weights per model? I got the new Hells Canyon max Long Range and this trigger feels like a hair trigger. I mean I don’t imagine it gets any better and really don’t see where ANYONE could have a true issue these triggers. Idk maybe I just have strong fingers lol. Last part is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
correct me if i am wrong, but arent the xbolt triggers adjustable? i’ve had 3, all the triggers were just fine.

regarding mcarbo... i tried a spring kit from them for a ruger pistol, and ended up with hammer strikes that were too light for reliable ignition. they did what they said they would....lighten the trigger pull. but it was at the cost of reliable ignition.

i am not soured on them, but i’d be careful to test everything out thoroughly after putting anything in a weapon.

OP
Choog

Choog

FNG
I'm not sure if there are different triggers between the speed and long range versions.

@Myronman3 , The triggers are adjustable. I adjusted mine all the way down and it was still pulling 4-4.5 lbs.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
i wonder if they changed them then. i bought mine a while ago. three guns, and all three were NICE. and i demand a good trigger on my rifles.