McCall Idaho archery elk

Looking for any information on unit 19a 20 24 25 for archery, traveling from out of state, looking at Unit 24-25 for possible hunting spots for a junior hunter too fill his first elk archery tag.
thanks Scotty

87TT

WKR
I think IF I knew any good easy spots, I would hunt there myself. Fact is, the success rate is pretty low in 24 (around 10%) and lower in 25. That is with all hunters including people who live there and any outfitters. To come to the area "blind" and be successful will be extremely hard. Elk are not that easy.

Rob5589

WKR
Welcome! The usuals should get you started; Google Earth, OnX, IDFG website. Good luck!

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for any information on unit 19a 20 24 25 for archery, traveling from out of state, looking at Unit 24-25 for possible hunting spots for a junior hunter too fill his first elk archery tag.
thanks Scotty
Have you done any research on the area? Have you started escouting? Have you began looking at maps? Kind of late in the year to start asking about a spot you have a tag for?

P Carter

WKR
Hot, smoky, dusty, overcrowded, just as likely to call in wolves as elk. There are some elk there but it will take time and effort to find out where. Best of luck.

My wife surprised me with a trip over there for rifle deer hunt last year. I did escouting, beware there are a lot of private ground especially for logging or anywhere there is decent game. I did see some elk and a single wolf on public ground but there was a lot of thick country and anywhere it's open, gets a lot of pressure. I definitely wouldn't go over there expecting a quick easy public trip. The main reason I went over there is my wife had already rented a cabin and planned out a "dad's" getaway trip for me.

87TT

WKR
Most of the people I knew that hunted 24, hunted on timber property. The Wilkes Bros. ended that. All 400 and some thousand acres now posted and off limits.

KurtR

WKR
Hunted rifle there for four years and got my ass kicked every year. Going to a different unit this year. Saw some elk mostly cows a wolf I should have shot and wasn’t ready still kick my self for that and a few bears. Steep thick and unforgiving. Have a great time it’s fun.

Hunted Unit 19A during deer season the last two years and it was brutal. They have had some really rough winters and lots of die off. After hunting for around two weeks combined we only ever saw does and one big herd of elk. Best of luck man but its tough sledding in there.