McGowan AR10 Barrel

Gun_Oil

FNG
I’m going to build out another upper for my Mega MATEN and I’m seeing that McGowan Barrels is offering the 6.5PRC for the AR10(DPMS 308). Im already in the PRCgame with a bolt gun and LOVE IT! Not hand loading this caliber yet but will be when I have enough brass to get started.

Even though an AR build, I will never be tossing a full mag down range as fast as possible as I would hope to hunt with this setup. Given this, I was seriously considering going with their “Light” Profile barrel. Is there a good reason to jump up to their Modified HBAR profile and gain the added weight? Honestly, I think either profile will out-shoot me! I’m going to contact McGowan and get the weight of each barrel to help make my decision.

Also thought on barrel length. I’m thinking 22” with +2” gas. The 24” is just going to start bein

Just looking for Pros-Cons. And please don’t tell me to build a bolt gun. I have lots of both. Really don’t need either one! But you all know how we can be!

A quick thanks to the Mod’s for the quick ad. I look forward to getting load data down the road and other equipment ideas.