McMilian stock

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Mcmilian stock ordered for my Tikka T3X w/ the D18 barrel. I was hesitant about it because of proper fit. Well when I received it what do ya know it doesn't. I had a local gunsmith fit it and he said there was a pinch point and could not shave any more of the stock out. Will this affect accuracy that much? Ive shot it and it groups decent (about 2 MOA at 200 yards) I just ask cause all I heard was Tikka shoots lights out?

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to mention its 7mm Rem mag, stock is a McMilian hunters edge and have shot barnes 150g tots and fed premium 140 vital shok

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Have you contacted McMillan?
Yes. I could send it back w the rifle so the could bed it to an exact fit. Just gonna cost a lot on top of what I spent. I think I’m gonna take a trip in Jan for otc mule deer to Az. They are only like 2 hours away from where I’ll be hunting. Have them do it then. Thank you.

WKR
I have read way too much about McMillans spotty QC and poor CS to ever spend that kind of money on one.
I've got 20 plus McMillans in my safe and on my hardest use rifles. Every transaction and order has gone smoothly. In my experience, not through what I read, but actual experience, they are an outstanding stock and have upgraded any rifle I added them to. That includes 5 in the last 2 years.

I even have a Tikka stock by McMillan that fits perfectly. I don't build many rigs anymore but the choice of stock is always easy for me.

I've got 20 plus McMillans in my safe and on my hardest use rifles. Every transaction and order has gone smoothly. In my experience, not through what I read, but actual experience, they are an outstanding stock and have upgraded any rifle I added them to. That includes 5 in the last 2 years.

I even have a Tikka stock by McMillan that fits perfectly. I don't build many rigs anymore but the choice of stock is always easy for me.
Should we summarily discount what we read on the net?

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider

It’s a beautiful and well made and feels fantastic. Super stiff and grippy. I’ll reach out to them. I have before and they said if the gunsmith couldn’t they would make it right

WKR
You can do whatever you want regarding researching stuff. But my experience over many years has been positive with McMillan. I don't have issues with Nightforce scopes, Seekins rails and rings, or Timney triggers either. Bartlein, Douglas, Pacnor, Lilja, Rock, Hawk Hill and Benchmark have all turned out good barrels for me.

Do your research however you want but my first hand experience is what I go by. And I have a lot of it with McMillan and all of it positive before and after the sale.

I've had great success with Kifaru, Seek Outside, First Lite, Maven, Kowa, Scarpa, Hilleberg and others. Do some googling and you'll find negatives on all of them. Makes no difference to me but if someone who has never used any of those simply says "I read on the internet they are no good" I tend to discount that opinion.