Mcmillan game hunter

I'm considering picking up a new rifle that would have this stock. My 2 current LR setups both have AG hunter stocks which I really like. Ive looked around trying to find opinions but havent found as much info as I hoped. Not sure if I would really like this style with the monte Carlo etc. Would like to hear from people who are/have ran one or one similar. Thanks

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
I have the game warden, same stock but no Monte Carlo cheek riser. I love it!
4f4a89583dda183931a542e144d3e194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a gamescout and had a game hunter. I preferred the game hunter due to the cheek riser especially with a 50mm scope. Both stocks have a bit wider forend for larger contour barrels.
What barrel will be on this rifle?

OP
O
I have a gamescout and had a game hunter. I preferred the game hunter due to the cheek riser especially with a 50mm scope. Both stocks have a bit wider forend for larger contour barrels.
What barrel will be on this rifle?

Proof sendero. I'm not completely sold on the stock which is my only hangup. This rifle would see A LOT of range time. So I want it to be an easy shooter for many people.

Broz

WKR
I have a few Game Hunters and a Game Warden. If you want it as light as you can get it, the Game Hunter will be the choice. If you can spare a little more weight, need the weight to control a magnum, or prefer an adjustable, the Game Warden adjustable is great. I love the vertical grip and grip location in relation to the trigger on these stocks. They are my favorites.14.jpg

I agree with Jeff. My next rifle will have a Game hunter or a game stalker depending on what barrel I choose. They are very comfy especially from prone.

OP
O
I have a few Game Hunters and a Game Warden. If you want it as light as you can get it, the Game Hunter will be the choice. If you can spare a little more weight, need the weight to control a magnum, or prefer an adjustable, the Game Warden adjustable is great. I love the vertical grip and grip location in relation to the trigger on these stocks. They are my favorites.View attachment 147518

Great info! I was hoping you would chime in as well. Knew you've been running a few. Glad you like them. I told myself my next build would have an adjustable and I think that's why I'm struggling to dive in on this one. The rest of this rifle is spot on when it comes to what I want. I just dont have a choice on the stock. The reason to go this route is some $ savings. I built a 300wm and 6.5 prc last year and as much as I want another bigger 30 I was thinking something for longer target work etc. Maybe 6.5cm. My hope was to keep from shooting out the barrels on my hunting rigs to fast. Although that would be an excuse for that big 30....

Big Ern

WKR
Great stock. I run a Game Scout with a Proof Lite Sendero. Took a little shaving, but fits in nicely. Love the grip as it is very similar to the A5 and A6 grips on my comp rig.

The A3 Sporter edge fill would be another option to consider. I wanted a higher comb height without the side offset of a Monte Carlo cheek piece and it’s perfect. I have a proof light sendero in mine.

MeatBuck

WKR
Not much help but I've got the adjustable game warden. Yet to fire it, having flat black finishing put on knob for cheek piece adjustment and she'll be ready for pickup at gunsmiths.
Comfortable stock in hand and shoulders very nicely. Can't foresee having any issues with it.
image.jpeg

Wrench

WKR
Where are you located? I have the game scout, game scout adjustable, a3 and m40 if you need to feel the difference. I personally prefer the htg for my style of hunting. I can shoot from the prone well enough with a traditional gripped stock but sometimes shots on game are like passing ducks and the vertical grip isn't as handy for me.....but that's just me.

tdhanses

WKR
I don’t remember which McMillian stock I have (Remington Hunter?) on my wsm but prefer it by far to my game scout.

It is similar to the Game Hunter but not the pistol grip design.

0E15AFD1-876A-4DA6-B88C-325CEE8E0253.jpeg

Lawnboi

WKR
Really happy with my adjustable game scout. Without the cheek piece it would need a stock pack for me.

The Cheek piece added weight. I cant go back to a Sporter stock, really prefer the vertical grip. That said I’m not shooting deer like I’m shooting clays.

McMillan was good to work with. I had my stock in 3.5 months. The carbon ambush gap finish is pretty awesome.
8AB37AAF-B7B2-4F46-9317-DC6B6E2FE2FA.jpeg

OP
O
Thanks guys for the info and pics! Only makes me want one even more. I REALLY like the adjustable game warden. Or maybe one of their other fixed ones like the A3. Decisions....

tdot

WKR
The McMillan Game Hunter wasn't even on my radar when I was putting together my lightweight build. But I couldn't get any of the stocks that I wanted in a timeframe that worked for me. So when I found an inlet ready Game Hunter, I jumped on it. It is almost a perfect match for my skinny face and my 2.5-10NXS. I was ready to sell it, if it didnt work. But I've been so happy with it that I'm considering switching some of my other rifles to Game Hunters.

Probably NOT a direction you want to go....but a guy that assembled my last rifle weighed the Game Hunter(non Monte comb) stock with adjustable hardware vs non adjustable and Triad Stock pack. Much lighter overall all with the Stock Pack.

I have one (Triad Stock pack)and never REALLY warmed up to it.....but I was able to handle the Game Warden and Game Hunter stocks????? shit I get them all confused......but the comb height is still not sufficient to run a 50mm slammed to the barrel in my opinion. And his.

Swing and a miss by McMillan on this design IMO. Almost there, but left a lot of meat on the bone. If there is no bolt notch in the comb to remove the bolt...probably still too low.