Sold McWhorter Custom Rifles 270WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Reluctantly offering for sale the nicest, most expensive rifle I’ve ever owned. This is McWhorter Rifles custom in 270WSM built on an S series Remington Model Seven receiver. Here is the breakdown:

- Receiver fully accurized by McWhorter
- 23” Hart fluted barrel with threaded seamless radial brake (24-1/2” total length with brake)
- Fluted bolt with faceted bolt shroud, larger knob
- Jewell trigger
- HS Precision stock (bedded of course) with the McWhorter OD Stealthnet paint job
- Remington Seven BDL bottom metal
- Decelerator pad
- Everything in Cerakote
- I’m sure I’m forgetting some other custom features

The specs:

Built by Tim McWhorter in 2010
Bare rifle weighs 7 lbs. 1 oz.
44-1/2” overall length
13-1/2” LOP
Twist unknown
57 rounds fired
Shot 5/8” or so with premium factory ammo during scope sighting in. Should shoot well under ½” with worked up load, per the McWhorter ½ MOA guarantee.

This rifle is perfect. There is not a scratch or blemish anywhere on the rifle. It’s as if you just took delivery from McWhorter and removed it from the bubble wrap. This rifle was purchased from a well-known and trusted member of this forum who enjoys McWhorter rifles. Why am I selling it? I hunt, I don’t collect. This is the nicest rifle I’ve ever owned, but I find myself reaching for other rifles in the safe because I don’t want to scratch this McWhorter. I want to keep it, but I don’t have any firearms that I just look at….they all get used in the field. So this fine rifle needs to be enjoyed by someone else. There are no disappointments here. It’s a gem.

$3,400 shipped in a hard case from an individual to your FFL with appropriate ID enclosed. The Talley 30mm medium Lightweights are included. The Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50mm is not included in the sale, but I’ll offer you a package deal price if interested. Just ask.

Trades considered for a quality ultralight bolt rifle plus cash. Drop me a PM if you have a trade offer, questions, need additional pics, etc. I apologize that the LED lights in my shop wash out the color. I’ve attached two photos that depict the actual OD-based color. I will post more photos here if someone will respond to the listing. You need to buy this for yourself as a Christmas present. 😉 Thanks for looking.

Keith

IMG_1489.jpgIMG_1490.jpgIMG_1560.jpgIMG_1565.jpgIMG_1566.jpgIMG_1567.jpgIMG_1569.jpgIMG_1570.jpgIMG_1571.jpgIMG_1575.jpg

OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
$3,100 shipped or make offer. Nicest fit & finish of any rifle I've ever owned. Stock paintwork is amazing. Looks great and shoots great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.