Meal Replacement Questions

Can someone please school me on meal replacement shakes and other alternatives?

I'm finding it difficult to wade through the crap peddlers in the dietary supplements market. Seems to be a ton of contradictory information out there, and I'm more confused now then when I started researching. I am looking for a simple way to supplement my diet for nutritional purposes. I'm not looking to gain or loose any weight. Just to have a more balanced intake, fend off the scurvy, and possibly have a little more energy throughout the day.

I was considering the Shakeology drinks, but after seeing the price point I had to walk away. I'm open to both over the counter or homemade ideas. With the right direction, I can do complex meals, shakes, and advanced prep on the weekends; but would prefer not to do any lengthy preps during the week. So if there is something I could make in advance on the cheap, that would be great, but over the counter is even better.

Thanks.

6t4nova

WKR
I am using Naked fruit juice and protein powder. Right now I mix either the berry blast and green machine or the berry blast and blue machine.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shakeology scared me at first also but I use it as breakfast every other day. At 4$ per meal the amount of "stuff" that is in it is a pretty good deal. I can't afford it every month so that's where the every other day comes in. For some shakes I use for breakfast consist of whey protein powder, natural peanut butter, silk almond milk, old fashioned oats, and a half of banana. A high protein low carb nutrition plan will help shave fat weight but keep muscle weight on and speeds up your metabolism.

OP
fair-chase
Sorry for the delay guys. Been offline for a while. Thanks for the tips. I will give these a try and see how it goes.