Meat! Brand 500 Watt Grinder

jacobatl

FNG
Has anyone used the Meat 500 Watt grinder with any success? My grinder just went down and I am looking for something that can handle a few deer a year. Ideally I would go with something bigger, but I'm a bit short on space and at $89, it sure is tempting.

The grinder I have is a 1.75 i.e. 1-3/4 horse power grinder. The one you mention is a 3/4 horse power grinder (.75). If it is an honest rating, I would think it should serve you well, but not ideal, as mine is much more than I actually need, but that extra power does not hurt.

dlee56

WKR
I got a cheaper chinese 1.5hp grinder on Amazon and damn is that thing nice. My I'd stick to stainless steel grinder components if possible, sure is nice to put the whole thing in the dishwasher which you can't do with aluminum

rashtack

FNG
I used the Meat 500w last season to grind up two deer. It worked well and I didn't have any issues. It's noisy but not terrible.

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used the Meat 500 Watt grinder with any success? My grinder just went down and I am looking for something that can handle a few deer a year. Ideally I would go with something bigger, but I'm a bit short on space and at $89, it sure is tempting.
Did you end up trying it?

OP
J

jacobatl

FNG
I did. Handled the grind for one deer really well. I'd probably go bigger if doing more than one or two deer at a time or for an elk, but for a Southeast whitetail it worked like a charm

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
I did. Handled the grind for one deer really well. I'd probably go bigger if doing more than one or two deer at a time or for an elk, but for a Southeast whitetail it worked like a charm
Sweet, out of curiosity. How many pounds did you do and how long did it take?

sram9102

WKR
I picked up their 1HP a while back and cannot recommend it enough. I was borrowing a buddies cabelas that looks similar to the 500 watt. It worked ok but stepping up to the 1hp was eye opening. Setup, tear down, and cleaning takes longer than grinding 40# of meat.