Meat carrying day pack

Widgeon33

FNG
+100 for Kifaru. I run a woodsman and a friend runs the 22 mag. I’d be happy with either one.

GreenV

FNG
KUIU 3200 has been good for me, for the same type of hunting. The 3000 size range seems to work nice for day pack or hauling game.

oldhorse

WKR
I’m looking for a pack for a drop camp hunt in Colorado just need to carry the must haves for during the day and possibly pack meat if horses can’t get to it. Been looking at exo 2000 but not sure if I want to spend the cash
Just curious ; have you made decision on what pack to try?

Mosby

WKR
Stone Glacier Approach 1800. Great day pack and has a removable frame that you can put other bags on for different tips of hunts. The frame is great and can hold 150 pounds and only ways 3.14 pounds.
This is what I have and use. I got tired of carrying a 7 lb bag for day hunts. I just bought another larger bag from 1shotgear for the frame, so I can switch out bags, depending on the season and how I am hunting.

I'd go Exo 3500. I love mine. I like the layout of the bag better than the 2000. I had a 2000 bag but sold it. I really like the long side pockets on the 3500. They hold my spotter and tripod most times, but can hold my rifle also. I can put the rifle in one of those pockets packing meat and have both hands free for trekking poles.

I did the same thing. Ran the 2000 for about a week before selling and getting the 3500. Now I can tighten it down for day mode or load it up for a 3-5 day hunt. I run the gunslinger to keep my hands free.

I have both the EXO 3500 and 2000, but find myself using the 3500 more as it packs down nearly as small as the 2000 but can expand much more if needed

I went with a Mystery Ranch Sawtooth 45 for a meat hauling day pack. I watched the gear deal section here waited for someone to report a deal
So I ended up with one for $327 from Scheels. Thanks Rokslide....

jog

FNG
I ran an Eberlestock X2 for years. I can quibble about some features but its tubular frame is money if you need to haul meat and as a daypack it was fine. Find them used sub $150.00

jarcher38

FNG
Good to know on the eberlestock, I have been doing some researching and that is on my list. I am pretty new to this forum and there is a ton of info on here.

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Pintler works great full coues deer in photos. Plus gear.

Attachments

• 20190105_161739.jpg
    20190105_161739.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 89

Austink47

WKR
The pintler has worked well for me. I will cation that it is easy to day hunt with an empty big bag, but it is hard to go multi day out of a day pack. Buy enough bag.

wodje96

FNG
I'm using the SG EVO very light for the capability, fits your bill nicely. MR mule is a good option too, my hunting buddy runs one. Or you could go with an old school Kelty or camptrails pack (they can be had super cheap. I'm a big fan of frame packs. A barnys frame with a small bag lashed one would be a good reasonable hauler too. I've had the eberles in the past and never really liked it with weight in it. I sold it to a friend who loves it. Kifaru has some great options too.

wodje96

FNG
I ve an old siwash that's a great pack. A buddy has packed out elk with one, but mine is a bit short for me so I don't love it with weight in it.

hikenhunt

WKR
I have a Kuiu frame/suspension with a 1850 bag for day trips and a 5500 bag for longer trips. Fits me very well, even with heavy loads.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Keep your eyes open and you should be able to find a used Mystery Ranch Longbow for ~$300. Otherwise, you can stay well under your budget with a Badlands...not as good as an MR, but I used one for years before upgrading and you can pack out a whole boned out muley with one.

jbid62

FNG
I used an Eberlestock X2 for years, until my wife looked at me one day as I headed out the door with it on and said I needed to quit bending over, stand up straight. The weight of the pack is so far from your body that you have to bend over forward to compensate. I bought the new 2019 model Badlands 2200, that seems like a great daypack but the meat shelf is behind the pack not in front of it. I recently found a deal on a MR Sawtooth that I will get next week and try out next weekend. It seems like the perfect size and has a frame for great for meat hauling and expandibility.