Meat cooler/processor near Ketchum Idaho-Sun Valley

Roosevelt

FNG
Heading to Idaho this fall for the first time on an Elk hunt and was trying to find a meat locker/processor in the Ketchum area. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a meat locker/a freezer to store meat for a days near Stanley or Sun Valley. Thanks.

GregB

WKR
No butcher or freezer in Stanley my buddy grew up in sun valley I'll see if he knows anyone up there

I just went through this when i killed my bull. I ended up going an hour south to Richfield, ID. A little place called Pipers shopping center. They have a large cooler and a small freezer and a butcher shop. I just had him freeze my meat solid but next time id have him butcher it.

12ring

FNG
Give this guy a call- Rudolpho 2087204679. Last year he was available, his place is in Ketchum or Hailey I believe. I'd be interested in finding out from you if he is still operating. You could also reach out to First Lite in Ketchum- those guys might have some suggestions as well.

Give this guy a call- Rudolpho 2087204679. Last year he was available, his place is in Ketchum or Hailey I believe. I'd be interested in finding out from you if he is still operating. You could also reach out to First Lite in Ketchum- those guys might have some suggestions as well.

I tried him and he didn't call back til the next day. Might have just been poor timing but maybe touching base with him ahead of time would be in your favor.

OP
Roosevelt

Roosevelt

FNG
Thank you guys for the leads...I'll be sure to check on both!

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
The village grocery store in Stanley has a cooler that we use, clean and affordable, roldolpho a few years ago was a bit dirty
And smelt, pipers in Richfield has freezer locker and will cut and wrap, right now temps are low enough depending on elevation you could hang for a few days at camp and get cooled off fine ,

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
We also used the cooler at the village grocery store in Stanley. We took the elk down to Jerome Idaho. Scarrow Butcher I think, they did a great job plus the grocery store down the road from them carried dry ice. We packed the dry ice over the frozen meat, sealed up the boxes with tape and the meat was still frozen when we got back to KY.

Just talked with Scarrow Meat. Turnaound time can be slow for processing (1-2 weeks) but they do offer rush orders for a fee. They also allow just cool storage of your elk. It's $40 for the first 3 days, then $10 a day after that.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
Funny you revived this thread, I had just looked at it. Thanks for the info on Scarrow. Anyone have any current info on this local who process? The old number was disconnected.

Pwells10

WKR
Dad's been doing it for 35+ as a profession and big game on the side. Hes in Pocatello (southeast) if anyone is looking for one down there.