Meat Eater New Season

208blake

FNG
Any else just disappointed with the new season ? I used to really enjoy the early seasons and when he would go to South America with the indigenous.

hunting with Luke combs on private ranch,SxS, campers, 10k rifles and gear is really off putting.

maybe I’m wrong. Any thoughts ?

ToolMann

WKR
Watched all 5 episodes last night. Enjoyed a few, but felt similar to you on the Luke Combs episode. It was entertaining I guess, but sad to see their content moving that direction.

The episodes were not awful. I do think SR is out of touch with the majority of the hunting community. I attribute him to Cabelas after the BPS purchase.

Pretty underwhelmed by the “season” but did enjoy the cooking in the Texas WT hunt.

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
Steve Rinella is a very well spoken hunter and about the only guy willing to put himself out there to be hated by both sides, hunting and non-hunting, simultaneously, on the same issue. For that reason I'll still watch to support the guy even when I'm disappointed.

I like the show for the most part. Haven't seen any of the new episodes, but the last season there was an episode with a baseball player where they hunted Mule Deer on a private ranch in Colorado - from an elevated platform. Not my cup of tea. I don't care about seeing guest celebrities hunting at all.

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
Any else just disappointed with the new season ? I used to really enjoy the early seasons and when he would go to South America with the indigenous.

hunting with Luke combs on private ranch,SxS, campers, 10k rifles and gear is really off putting.

maybe I’m wrong. Any thoughts ?
I thought it was still entertaining.

JGTWI

WKR
I used to love the meateater episodes. Still watched these all yesterday, but the hunts on the private ranches are really disappointing. Plenty of that to be seen elsewhere- that’s not what attracted the initial fans to meateater.
The cooking on the Texas hunt looked amazing though.

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
There is so much good hunting content out there. I do have to admit, previous seasons got me more “pumped” than the latest season

OP
208blake

208blake

FNG
I like the show for the most part. Haven't seen any of the new episodes, but the last season there was an episode with a baseball player where they hunted Mule Deer on a private ranch in Colorado - from an elevated platform. Not my cup of tea. I don't care about seeing guest celebrities hunting at all.
I’m right there with you. Even the people I liked prior to hunting (Chad Mendez) his kills are not impressive because people do the scouting for him. I’m not saying I’m too good for that. If anyone wants to DM me some honey holes I’ll take them , shoot the monster post on IG and tell a great story but deep down I know that I’m a mooch.