Meat eater weed eater

Button

WKR
Buying an Echo weed wacker. Don’t chime in with your stihl bs. Though I do own a stihl pole saw and it’s great.

Looking at the SMR 225, SMR266, SMR2320. I’m not sure what the different letters at the end of the number mean, anyone have these?

It won’t be commercial day in and day out use but it ain’t exactly residential. Plants grow year-round down yonder way and grow they do.

Vaultman

WKR
Not sure what model I have, but it's one with changeable tool (shaft). I've had it for probably 7 years. I am just a homeowner so not near a commercial user of it, but it is a workhorse.
I'll check model when I get a chance.

Mine is a "PAS 225" which by google search is a non-commercial model. I do have it serviced at the local lawn care place I bought it about every 2 years.

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Get one of the commercial straight shaft models. The Echo weed eaters are great. However, in commercial use the homeowner ones fall apart. I worked for a cheap boss as a teenager and he would buy the homeowner Echos because they were cheap, he would have to replace one or two ever summer as the powerheads would break off the shaft.

Worked for another guy later who had the commercial Echos and they just flat worked.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Not sure what model I have, but it's one with changeable tool (shaft). I've had it for probably 7 years. I am just a homeowner so not near a commercial user of it, but it is a workhorse.
I'll check model when I get a chance.

Mine is a "PAS 225" which by google search is a non-commercial model. I do have it serviced at the local lawn care place I bought it about every 2 years.
I also have the PAS with line trimmer and edger and added the tiller. Going on it's 8th season with zero issues, but like you it sees light duty around the home only.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Get a commercial grade stihl.

This x10

I borrowed my buddies echo and I basically had to keep it fully throttle to do just about anything.

Bought a commerical grade stihl and I can do most of my trimming at 50-75% throttle. I've had it about 5 years now and I've not once "winterized" it. I leave it with a full tank of gas and it always starts up in less than 5 string pulls

I own the FS70. I'm not actually sure what the difference is between it and the FS91

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
While I believe you should go stihl, get the biggest commercial echo you want to spend for. I own a lawncare business and we will only own stihl from now on, check out the fs94 or the fs111 if you want a machine that will run forever and beat the snot out of any other brand.

Wellsdw

WKR
Can’t go wrong with an echo commercial. I like the stihls don’t get me wrong, own a fs90-, and brush cutter 130. But the echo are just so much smoother and responsive, way better balanced.

OP
Button

Button

WKR
I’m sure I can’t go wrong with a commercial grade echo or stihl. Guess I’m partial to echo because my cs490 chainsaw hasn’t missed a beat in the 5 years I’ve had it clearing my property. I only run ethanol free gas in it.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
FWIW, the local Stihl and Echo dealer, which is a large one and not another for a good distance, told me flat out-Chain saw definitely Stihl. But for hedge trimmers, weed whackers, go Echo.

Funny, bc I love my Stihl chainsaws, and he didn't mention this when I bought my weed whacker....thanks Pal!

*zap*

WKR
Both echo and stihl would be good, I would like to try a milwaukee M-18 but I have plenty of m-18 batteries.

I’ve got an echo srm210, and it’s been great. Had it about 15 years and never winterize it, never changed the spark plug or adjusted anything, store it with gas in it, and it starts right up every time. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another echo tool.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've got an Echo sumthin or other weedeater.
Had it a while and just now need to take it in for svc.
Starts but goes dead when revving it up.
Fresh gas mix, cleaned air filter.
Been a dang good weedeater, esp, for down here in the
jungle of the N. Gulf.

I've got a large yard that gets plenty of gnarly weeds/elms/etc popping up. I switched a couple years ago to a Dewalt 60V cordless electric and I'll never go back to gas. Plenty of power to rip up my shins, and I can share batteries with the leafblower which also kicks butt.

I'm done messing with 2 strokes and gummed up carbs, loud and cans of gas....