Meat Eater

Mt Al

WKR
I still like the show and the other spinoff shows - but hope I haven't attained fanboy status, but maybe that was an admission. As bink wrote above, the new owners are going to maximize their investment with First Light, FHF gear, as many sponsorships as possible and probably other purchases. You heard it here first: when some truck manufacturer makes a real hybrid/plug in hunting truck, there will be a "Meat Eater" version with a Steve Renilla bobble head on the dash. Kind of like the King Ranch Ford, but more hunting hippy style that's all green and eco friendly.

So, yes, maybe "selling out" or just doing what keeps our country great and improving things, making competition, opening up more landscape in the outdoor/hunting world.

Overall, I think it's helping the overall acceptance and appreciation of hunting, compared to the reeking garbage on hunting channels.

My 2 cents.

rclouse79

WKR
I just watched the new season and still like it. I am sure this had already been discussed here, but is there significant increased risk for eating game heart raw? I have started eating heart, but am not sure if I am ready for civiche.

ODB

WKR
It’s a big ship that needs to stay afloat now. I have pretty much zero interest in the other folks but Steve, and for him less than before, and then mostly because he was willing to write a decent story.

all you need to do is read a job description to see where things are:

“We are both a fast-paced, high-output media operation and a thriving direct-to-consumer eCommerce business, so expertise in both content and commerce will be critical, as well as innovative thinking on how to integrate the two.”

The extra staff are necessary to generate new content to drive views, clicks, and purchases.

Frankly, as a guy who was introduced to him at the time of Scavengers Guide, I was hopeful the books (non-instructional) and show would be the product. I don’t think he’ll ever write a book like his first two again. Which is sad in a way because everyone knows the temporality of digital media.

laclement

FNG
I could do without the constant promo drops (weatherby, first lite, federal, etc.) but the content is still good. Then there are the $300 knife they have, $100 cutting board, etc. They are putting out way more video than they were if you watch them on youtube. The back 40 I could do without, but Das Boat and some of the other Meateater hunts series were pretty good.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I just want them to stop naming units, towns, mountain ranges, regions (see Wyoming hunt) etc in their content that receives hundreds of thousands if not millions of views. Steve publicly apologized for the Washington debacle, then continues to name off areas they are hunting and how many points it takes to draw. His brother gives him shit for it, so at least it’s not just me haha.

ODB

WKR
I just want them to stop naming units, towns, mountain ranges, regions (see Wyoming hunt) etc in their content that receives hundreds of thousands if not millions of views. Steve publicly apologized for the Washington debacle, then continues to name off areas they are hunting and how many points it takes to draw. His brother gives him shit for it, so at least it’s not just me haha.

Funny...I have located for fun many of the places he has hunted. It’s not all that hard.

Watching the shows Is a form of e-scouting now.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just watched the new season and still like it. I am sure this had already been discussed here, but is there significant increased risk for eating game heart raw? I have started eating heart, but am not sure if I am ready for civiche.
Ceviche isn't raw, it's cooked in acid from the fruit. True ceviche is anyways. Have fun with Rinella, he lost my attention a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Depends on the animal. Off the top of my head bear, hog, and halibut can all carry trichinosis. Anything that is safe rare should be fine.

semasko

FNG
I love the show and pretty much all of the content they put out. The podcast is probably my favorite due to the diversity of guests and topics. One thing that irked me though, he advertised Walmart on one of the recent podcasts. I can't imagine why anyone would need to advertise Walmart in the first place, but it just seemed kind of odd and out of place next to the other smaller ads.