Meat eater

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
I just wanted to start a thread to let all of you know that I like to eat red meat and I particularly like when it's medium-rare. I like elk meat, deer meat, bear meat... I like lots of different meats! I even like beef and pork!

What??? What'd ya think this was gonna be about??? :)
Admit it, you've sold out and you're just in it for the clicks.

I’ve heard that many first responders won’t eat bacon because that’s what burning/burnt human flesh smells like.

Overdone chicken or turkey in a deep fryer is closer. Like where the bone starts to cook…. That’s what it smells like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maddmartagan

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking of Meateater, what did y’all think about Steven Rinella saying…

Wapiti1

WKR
Prefer red meat but lately my meat has been too white. Can’t wait on fall so I diversify my freezer.
Red meat means you stayed out too long in the sun, white, is not enough sun. Come On Man! There is a manual for how to be a proper nudist.

Jeremy

Wapiti1

WKR
Overdone chicken or turkey in a deep fryer is closer. Like where the bone starts to cook…. That’s what it smells like.

It's been a long while, but I remember that smell, and it ain't bacon. Sadly, working in steel mills will acquaint you with smells you don't want to know.

Now, if we are talking food. I don't associate with grey meats. I can't think of a grey colored meat that is acceptable as food.

Jeremy

Wapiti1

WKR
Eat my dead buddy or starve to death? I wouldn't even blink. Start carving and roasting. What better way to honor him than to survive?

Am I the only one? On this forum, I doubt it. :rolleyes:
Oh, what the hell, let's make this a conversation. So, there is a thing called rabbit starvation. It happens when you only consume meat and don't supplement with the other things you need. After a week, or less, of snacking on Rudy, you'd die anyway, from a lack of essential nutrients that you get from plants.

The best option would be to eat the whole rabbit, including the intestines and contents. That would be difficult with Rudy, and probably not effective since his last meal was probably Mountain House. It would honestly be better to eat the rabbit, squirrel, mouse, etc.

Or you would get Kuru. And die later on.

Of course, I am assuming you know and are good buds with a guy named Rudy, and I'm also assuming he dies an untimely death in an extreme situation. Let's say you two are in Wyoming............camping.....on a sheep ranch......

Jeremy

Haha I can't imagine eating recycled mountain house. That would kill.

If I were a dead guy and my friend could potentially survive by eating me, I would be happy to help him out.

Oh, what the hell, let's make this a conversation. So, there is a thing called rabbit starvation. It happens when you only consume meat and don't supplement with the other things you need. After a week, or less, of snacking on Rudy, you'd die anyway, from a lack of essential nutrients that you get from plants.

The best option would be to eat the whole rabbit, including the intestines and contents. That would be difficult with Rudy, and probably not effective since his last meal was probably Mountain House. It would honestly be better to eat the rabbit, squirrel, mouse, etc.

Or you would get Kuru. And die later on.

Of course, I am assuming you know and are good buds with a guy named Rudy, and I'm also assuming he dies an untimely death in an extreme situation. Let's say you two are in Wyoming............camping.....on a sheep ranch......

Jeremy
Your information is a bit incorrect. It's not the lack of plants that causes rabbit starvation. It's a lack of fat. All my buds have plenty of fat. I could live off that for years. If I ate the organ meat as well, total nutrition.

Wapiti1

WKR
Your information is a bit incorrect. It's not the lack of plants that causes rabbit starvation. It's a lack of fat. All my buds have plenty of fat. I could live off that for years. If I ate the organ meat as well, total nutrition.
My bad. I had to look it up again. So, have fat friends. That shouldn't be too hard in the USA.

Jeremy

This is why everyone should really know who they go hunting with. 7+ days in the back country you really get to know someone and we have all heard the story of the guy that invited his brother in laws buddy “Dave” along for the trip and couldn’t stand him. Maybe they just invited him for this situation and he was fat enough to keep the camp alive until help showed up.

Its call meal planning....