Meat Grinder Plate Sizes to Get?

I just bought a grinder that only comes with a 3/8" course and 3/16" fine plates. Has anyone found that they are wanting the medium grind 1/4" plate too or are those first two enough? What about the 1/2" plate for chili or 1/8" plate for finer ground burger or sausages. Most of what I make is summer sausage and burger. I'd like to expand the types of sausages I make though this year.

JFK

WKR
The medium plate is basically all I use anymore. Forget the exact size of the holes, but like you, my grinder came with two plates....one that was too large and one that was too small. Now I cut meat into chunks or strips, put a very light freeze on it then run it through the medium. This gets it to the consistency I’m looking for about 80% of the time for all purpose ground and sausage.

OP
U
Thanks @JFK. I should have also asked if anyone using LEM grinders have any experience with the Premium Salvinox plates? Wondering if they're with the premium price?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've used the 10mm and 7.5mm plates but haven't cared for those larger grinds. So I use my 4.5mm for all grinds now. That's the closest for normal burger, which would be closest to your 3/16". I'd use the 1/8" for sausage.

My got to is a single grind with an 1/8 for most things. Some things I'll do a first grind with the 1/4 and second with the 3/16.