Meat Processing options

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
After doing a few Forum searches I wasn't able to find a thread about what are people's favorite things to have a meat processor do with your Antelope (outside of the primal cuts) ie. summer sausage, Snack sticks, sausage ingredients that work best etc.

OP
Chiro22

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
Antelope meat is so good and tender when handled correctly that I make steaks out of everything possible. The rest get made into fajitas/tacos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am excited to try it. I've heard only good things so far.

nobody

WKR
Summer sausage or sweet and spicy breakfast sausage cut with bacon or pork fat is a favorite around our place.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
My first antelope was so bad that I thought sausage might be the only use for it. Turns out it was all the fault of how I cared for it. Got another one this year, took care of it properly, and it is the best wild game I’ve had. As another poster mentioned, everything that can be made into steaks should be. I wouldn’t waste any of it on sausage or pepperoni.

Antelope meat is so good and tender when handled correctly that I make steaks out of everything possible. The rest get made into fajitas/tacos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Pretty much this. I do mostly primal cuts, some steak. Only grind the stuff that isn't steak size.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
I eat all the main cuts as steaks or roasts....trimmings/scraps get sent in with my deer scraps and mixed into snack sticks, summer sausage, and burger.

OP
Chiro22

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like the verdict is definitely for summer sausage and breakfast sausage.

FlyGuy

WKR
My first antelope was so bad that I thought sausage might be the only use for it. Turns out it was all the fault of how I cared for it. Got another one this year, took care of it properly, and it is the best wild game I’ve had. As another poster mentioned, everything that can be made into steaks should be. I wouldn’t waste any of it on sausage or pepperoni.

What did you do wrong? What did you do differently the 2nd time?

You can’t cheat the mountain

OP
Chiro22

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
What did you do wrong? What did you do differently the 2nd time?

You can’t cheat the mountain
The meat eater just did a whole podcast on meat science. Pretty fascinating stuff